Failure Rant.

Options
Why can’t I do this? Lose weight for good? I am that person who has tried everything! And everything HAS worked—for awhile. I feel so cliche that I eat for comfort. And the world is a freaking mess. It is for everyone, but everyone does not eat the whole kitchen over it! I am successful at literally everything else. I have worked through my childhood traumas—I will have to be on that forever, but I am not unwilling to face difficult emotions. I was an athlete my whole life. I can’t figure this out. I am the heaviest I have ever been and the most defeated I have ever been. I usually have a plan but I’ve got nothing this time. I just feel tired. And kinda desperate. Each day I feel like I am wearing a fat suit and it feels very uncomfortable and even hurts. But that’s not enough to make me stop eating. I am sober. I just…can’t anymore and I am not sure why. I am not a quitter. But this one has me legitimately stumped.

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    You're very correct in that the world is a freakin' dumpster fire. Is there something else you can do for comfort/stress release/etc? Something else to manage the emotional side of it? Basically substitute a "bad" habit for something more constructive?
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @MrsG1994 While you cannot change the current mess the world is in, you can change you. When you worked through your childhood traumas, which is a very huge accomplishment, you probably did it step by step with a plan and possibly with help. Even though you say you've got nothing this time, you have already made a big step by coming to MFP! If one month at a time is too big, take it down to a week, or a day or an hour or a meal. Make a change to what you can right now. Maybe tomorrow or next week change something else in addition
    Most of us have worn the fat suit, some of us still have it on. Yes its uncomfortable and it hurts. Just do one thing to help you and your body right now. Go for a walk or put lively music on and dance like no one is watching. Make one better food choice.
    MFP can be part of your help now, meal by meal, day by day. Best wishes on your journey.