2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    stianjl wrote: »
    I only get premium so I can add my own macros in grams :)

You can do that (within 5%) in the Free version. Not sure I'd pay $10 a month for an exact gram amount, especially when 5% is close enough by far.

Also, it's good to be aware that the database (food) items don't necessarily have the correct macros entered. The database is 99.9% created by the users. Vet your foods.

Yeah i know but i dont want to use percent, i want to use numbers. I cant figure out to use numbers in free version. I never use database food or myfitnesspal's macros, I just use Myfitnesspal as a tool for my numbers :) I figured out that I only needed to use the trial premium, then change to numbers, and after the trial ended I still was able to change numbers instead of percent.

The gram numbers show on the FOOD page for Free members too. I mean, you are always going to have to equal 100%, so 5% is tiny in actual gram numbers. Mine are set to default, but it's literally just a couple clicks to change them.

That is kind of interesting that some of the features were retained for you after the trial period ended - if in fact that is true.

d2d817xkptbe.png

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    I only get premium so I can add my own macros in grams :)

You can do that (within 5%) in the Free version. Not sure I'd pay $10 a month for an exact gram amount, especially when 5% is close enough by far.

Also, it's good to be aware that the database (food) items don't necessarily have the correct macros entered. The database is 99.9% created by the users. Vet your foods.

Yeah i know but i dont want to use percent, i want to use numbers. I cant figure out to use numbers in free version. I never use database food or myfitnesspal's macros, I just use Myfitnesspal as a tool for my numbers :) I figured out that I only needed to use the trial premium, then change to numbers, and after the trial ended I still was able to change numbers instead of percent.

The gram numbers show on the FOOD page for Free members too. I mean, you are always going to have to equal 100%, so 5% is tiny in actual gram numbers. Mine are set to default, but it's literally just a couple clicks to change them.

That is kind of interesting that some of the features were retained for you after the trial period ended - if in fact that is true.

d2d817xkptbe.png

FWIW: It was my experience that when I set gram goals in premium, then went back to free, it kept those custom gram goals. However, I could only reset those goals in even 5% increments if I changed them thereafter.

AFAIK, it doesn't keep all settings, like if you have a custom allocation of exercise calories to macros in premium, switching back to free seems to result in it allocating exercise calories to macros according to the default allocations, or maybe the same proportion as the gram goals (can't remember which, but not the special/different percent allocation anymore).