Low calories absurb

How to reduce calories

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking how to change your calorie goal on MFP? Go to Home>Goals and either go through the guided setup again or manually enter the calorie goal you want, if you've used a TDEE calculator to figure out your budget rather than MFP's method.

Are you asking how to reduce the number of calories you eat in a day, i.e., how to stick to your budget? That's going to depend on you. The best way I've found to stay within my budget is to plan out my whole day ahead of time by batch-cooking and meal prepping as much as I can. I already know what my breakfast and lunch are going to be for the whole week on Sunday night, and I cook dinners that yield leftovers so I can just copy dinner from Monday onto Thursday (for example). Right now I've done so much meal prepping that I don't have to cook anything at all this week, I just have a bunch of previously-prepared containers thawing in the fridge ready to be reheated for dinner. I used a food scale to weigh out my portions when I cooked all this food, so I know the leftovers are exactly the same portions I had before. Doing it this way, after accounting for my breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and dessert, I know how many more calories I have available to play with and I know if I can "afford" a snack from the vending machine at work, for instance.