Rewards

Options
It is always nice to be rewarded for a job well-done. When it comes to fitness and weight loss, having non-food rewards for reaching goals is a great way to show yourself some love. That being said, mine have always been nice rewards but not extravagant.

So this evening I was chatting with my dear husband (DH) and explaining what rewards I had in mind for some of my mini goals. I was thinking in terms of new sneakers if I walk 60 days, an anchor setup for my resistance bands if I complete Launchpad 1 series, that sort of thing. DH asks what do I have planned for say 50 or 100 pounds loss? I really didn't know, but that man knows me well. I love to cook. A LOT. I have worn through the anodization on my set of original Calphalon. The guy has dangled the irresistible in front of me! Any set of All Clad cookware if I can lose 100 pounds. All Clad. Any. Set. I. Want. :tongue: :heart: What a guy!

I truly hope I can reach that goal. Not for the pans, although that would be a truly memorable gift. But the real reward would be reaching that goal, and all the good things that come from not being morbidly obese. Having a DH that supports me and cheers for me and tries to motivate me. . . that is PRICELESS!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Niiiiice! I bet you'll be whipping up awesome food with your fancy new pans before you know it. That's a really good ultimate goal reward. Hubs and I "inherited" a set of Calphalon from grandma (she's fine, she just can't lift the damn things anymore or see very well to cook for herself, so she mostly eats the cafeteria food at her SNF these days). I love cooking with them sunsabinches.

I usually reward myself with clothes or workout gear, although I'm basically allergic to spending money on myself so I wait longer to actually get the stuff than I probably should, and when the time does come often I have second thoughts about getting "fun clothes" when I "need" work pants or whatever. I have my eye on a cute dress from Amazon for officially hitting -40lbs (soon!!), and I'm planning a trip to Target this weekend to get another pair of gym shorts to replace some leggings that just don't want to stay up anymore. I bought myself a spa day for hitting both -30lbs and +30 trips around the sun earlier this summer, since those two things conveniently coincided, and that was great - I got a massage, facial, and pedicure.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my weight loss IS the reward.

dropping sizes is the reward.

If i want something.... i just buy it LMAO ask my husband. he'll tell you i have no problem spending money. LOLOL
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @goal06082021 I have a long way to go to get those pans, probably take me a year to lose another 88 pounds! But he wants me to decide on a 50 pound reward and I just don't know yet! I very rarely buy things for myself, issues with self-worth, blah blah blah. But he says if I NEED something, like new sneakers, that isn't a reward. It has to be something I WANT for myself . . . not the house, the porch, the yard, the pets, or for "us". Man, not used to thinking that way AT ALL. I can totally get your "allergy" :grin:

I think I'm gonna ask for a full spa day, the works, from head to toe. It is so lovely to have a great massage, body wrap, facial, mani/pedi. Afterward you look like you've been caught in a hot fog, but ohhh, the lovely lassitude and relaxation! Yep, that's gonna be it. I only ever had that once, my middle sister treated me to a spa day(like 20 years ago). Thanks for the brilliant idea, I never would have thought of it!
  • LeeH31
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit I used to have that option, before retirement. Now, we are living on social security and 2 side cleaning jobs. Gotta save up for the big ticket items now! I probably won't let him get me the All Clad. My tightwad inner self won't let me. But I may look at pans in a lower price bracket that will fit my needs. Sometimes I can find individual pieces at flea markets and yard sales. Got a lot of my cast iron that way.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    LeeH31 wrote: »
    @callsitlikeiseeit I used to have that option, before retirement. Now, we are living on social security and 2 side cleaning jobs. Gotta save up for the big ticket items now! I probably won't let him get me the All Clad. My tightwad inner self won't let me. But I may look at pans in a lower price bracket that will fit my needs. Sometimes I can find individual pieces at flea markets and yard sales. Got a lot of my cast iron that way.

anything over $100 (our prearranged agreement) I discuss with him beforehand. the only thing hes ever said no to was when i told him i wanted a new jeep ... a year after he bought me a new ... jeep LMAOOOOOOO

i mean, cant blame a girl for trying LOLOLOL

he spoils me but i also dont spend a ridiculous amount. i am all about a good deal and thrift stores are my jive LOL
    though lately zulily has been my jive. ;)

I really want a DSLR camera (had to sell mine before we got married and I needed $). He was not happy when he found out I had sold it (some time after we were married) 'why didnt you just ask me for help?' grrrrr cause i didnt want to, thats why.

I havent asked if i could get one, though im sure he would say yes. they are... pretty pricey. Though I do still have most of my gear and lenses, so that saves some.
  • LeeH31
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit I bet you got "the look" on the new jeep! Sounds like your guy is a lot like mine in that way. Generosity is ingrained in them. Hope you can find the wherewithal to get your camera. Perhaps a used one that somebody outgrew? My DH is clinging to his old SLR for some reason. But he won't use it because film & development are so pricey, and he likes the convenience of his iPhone pictures. Hmph!

You have livestock protection dogs, what livestock are you running? Always wished I could talk DH into homesteading when we were young, would've been all settled by now. He isn't adventurous though, and so we didn't. I had to settle for 2 dogs, 2 cats, a rooster and a hen! Wish with all my heart I could have a couple of sheep and a couple of horses and a couple of goats and a couple of pigs and a couple of ducks and a couple of geese and a couple of turkeys and and and :smiley:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    LeeH31 wrote: »
    @callsitlikeiseeit I bet you got "the look" on the new jeep! Sounds like your guy is a lot like mine in that way. Generosity is ingrained in them. Hope you can find the wherewithal to get your camera. Perhaps a used one that somebody outgrew? My DH is clinging to his old SLR for some reason. But he won't use it because film & development are so pricey, and he likes the convenience of his iPhone pictures. Hmph!

You have livestock protection dogs, what livestock are you running? Always wished I could talk DH into homesteading when we were young, would've been all settled by now. He isn't adventurous though, and so we didn't. I had to settle for 2 dogs, 2 cats, a rooster and a hen! Wish with all my heart I could have a couple of sheep and a couple of horses and a couple of goats and a couple of pigs and a couple of ducks and a couple of geese and a couple of turkeys and and and :smiley:

we currently have goats, chickens, and ducks. sometimes we have beef cattle but not currently. We lost about half of our chicken flock (about 30 some birds lost) about a month ago. we had pulled the guardians in due to a bad storm overnight and predators took advantage of the situation for the few hours they were in and wiped out one entire coop (modified barn so not super secure). we were combing the woods for hours picking up bodies. it was a crappy day, to say the least.

then we went out later that day and bought dobby, the devil dog. figures. lol