Any advice for someone starting their bodybuilding journey?

Options
Hello all,

So I decided to start my bodybuilding journey today. However, there is a lot of information out here and I don't know where to begin. I'm a 5'3 woman @190Ibs. Intermediate lifter (average athlete). What are some good websites? Are there any books worth buying? What are some things that I should know as a beginner? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks 😊

Replies

• i_fraser11
    i_fraser11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Read Mike Mathews stuff. Or visit bodybuilding.com
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Totally love Mike Matthew’s also! His company is Legion Athletics and he has a podcast Muscle for Life that is great.

Consistency is key-just keep showing up and get in the groove and things will fall in place. Know that changes WILL happen though not nearly as quickly as you might like.

Nutrition is key. Once I started eating enough protein, that helped me tremendously!!!

I’m here if you ever want to talk!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Anything by:
    Mike Israetel/Renaissance Periodization (one of Dr. Isratel's interns was my coach for 2 bodybuilding preps)
    Eric Helms/3DMJ
    Menno Henselmans
    Layne Norton
    Revive Stronger
    uhmmmmmmmmm gosh there are some others but my brain isn't quite up to speed at the moment
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Barbellmedicine.com

For paid training templates and also some free stuff. They’re mainly powerlifters but lots of good advice and some hypertrophy based training programmes too.

Stronger by science. Greg nuckols.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options

Stronger by science. Greg nuckols.

YES Stronger By Science was one I couldn't think of earlier. Nuckols is more on the powerlifting side of things, but Eric Trexler is an absolute treasure trove of bodybuilding info. Good call on that one!