Exercises for Heart Patient

Options
Hi

Im a heart patient so I can't exercise heavily and I have been inactive for long, now I start walking for health issues and to lose weight, im walking on a treadmill but I can't walk on high speed or for long period. So im walking for 30 minute on a speed between 2.5 - 3.3.

Can I lose weight with this speed or not, another thing what exercise can I do that are low intensity and can't heart me.

Thanks alot

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from eating less, not exercise. You can lose weight without any exercise at all, as long as you're burning more than you're eating. I would focus on the calories you're eating first, that's the easiest way to lose weight. Your walks will help, but it will take a lot longer to lose weight by walking alone.
  • MANDallasTX
    Options
    I am no speed demon when it comes to walking. I normally walk at 3 MPH for one and half hours. Of course it took awhile to build up to that duration. Add in watching what I eat and I'm losing weight.

Basically any exercise is good for helping lose weight. But it is only half the formula for losing it. How much you eat is also important. It is calorie deficit that leads to weight loss. For every 3,500 calories under, what is required for your body, leads to one pound of loss. You can use the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) calculator under "APPS" to help determine your bodies needs.

Best of luck becoming a Healthier YOU!
  • ruba4
    ruba4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also watching my calories intake I'm trying not to exceed 1200 calories and im trying to make healthier options regarding to food, but also I'm trying to support that with walking and my doctor recommended walking and weight lose for me.