FOLKS over 50, looking for friends

Hey gang! In my 50s, mom.
Just lost 34 pounds and am now in my maintaining lifestyle phase, maybe looking to lose a few more pounds. Whole food plant based. Friends call me NeneQ (long story). Anyone looking for a friend?

Replies

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Wow, I'm 60, WFPB (usually!), lost 28 lbs, maintaining but also maybe looking to lose a few more. We sound almost like twins, lol. Sending you a request.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    hi ya, 58 good luck
  • bennettc587
    bennettc587 Posts: 2 Member
    Anybody over 70? I'm a 76yo female with a long row to hoe. I've lost 30 pounds in 2021, and need to slowly lose 60 more.
  • lawmiller1
    lawmiller1 Posts: 22 Member
    Hello, I am 61 and still struggling to lose, have lost 12 lbs so far but getting back into the logging, and be aware routine. I like to hear/read about success stories and different ideas.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    I am 50 you are welcome to add me ...wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    I'm 55 and restarting after taking way too much time away from MFP. I spent the last 18 months working from home and eating nothing but garbage. I tried on work clothes and after having a big bawl, I realized only I can control what I put in my mouth and to exercise. I have 100# to lose...not all gained during covid but still, ugh! I'm taking it in increments because small victories are still victories! I'm always happy to support friends on this journey!
  • annliz23
    2x1s5m7sc0h3.jpg
    You can do this
  • Rouleur67
    Rouleur67 Posts: 44 Member
    53 and trying to get back on track - feel free to add me 😊
  • ToniB22
    ToniB22 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I’m new. I am 52 years old and need to lose 250 pounds. I don’t want to do surgery. I really want this to work. I don’t know how to begin. I’ve been piling on the pounds year after year and depression is settling in. Can anyone help me begin?
  • annliz23
    ToniB22 wrote: »
    Hi I’m new. I am 52 years old and need to lose 250 pounds. I don’t want to do surgery. I really want this to work. I don’t know how to begin. I’ve been piling on the pounds year after year and depression is settling in. Can anyone help me begin?

Believe in yourself, regular exercise, logging food, reduce snacks and high calorie foods and you will see results, I also reduced my portion size and added more fruit and vegetables. Good luck.
  • MEATBONE1
    MEATBONE1 Posts: 18 Member
    Just decide to do it!!! Just come up with a ten minute exercise routines and decide to do it to the best you can do it every day! Then next month add 10 minutes. Also find games at your local senior center to play just to kerp you moving