Calorie goal minus calories burned?

Options
I'm very new here. Hi! Question: my calorie limit is 1200. When I log exercise, the app subtracts the calories burned, and adds that number to the amount of calories I have remaining for the day. I assumed that meant I could eat a little more and still be ok. But when I check my stats, the app says I have been going over my calorie limit of 1200...which I have, by a little, because of those calories added back in to my quota after exercise. I've never gone over the adjusted total I've been given.
Am I doing it wrong? Do I just need to stay under 1200 no matter what exercise I do? I don't want to keep getting told I exceeded my limit when I thought, bu the way the app works, I had not.
Thanks!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm not sure what's going on - if you post a screen shot from the app it might clarify things.

Here I logged 487 calories worth of exercise and received calories for it:

83846cb6052ecb7e364b2b798e0f45ee.png

To specifically answer your question, 1200 is your base calories and then you get calories for the exercise you do on top of that.
  • YareliiSpark
    YareliiSpark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get that, and that's how I thought it worked. But when I go to Calories, Weekly, it says I'm over the 1200/day for the week because it isn't subtracting the exercise.
    I'm having trouble sharing a screenshot, I feel stupid.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Make sure you've selected "Net" in the weekly view.
  • YareliiSpark
    YareliiSpark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh, duh. I didn't even notice that! Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help ☺️