On the beach, towel workout

Options
Going to a lakehouse or camping this summer, using the fact there's no gym around as an excuse not to workout, this is best done in the sand, it's adds intensity....more of a beginner program i'd say, although the cardio aspect in the sand can be intense. Grab a towel and hit the beach, in between exercises, do some some squats and somepushups to round this workout out!

1) Tip Toe Runs (one-minute high-intensity cardio): Place towel horizontally in front of you. Staying on toes, lead with right foot and run forward and back over the towel. Thirty seconds in, switch to lead with your left (works core, calves, quads and heart!).

2) Moving Tree (one-minute low-intensity recovery): Standing on one leg place opposite foot against shin or inner thigh (avoid the knee cap). Hold towel above head in each hand. Squeeze shoulder blades together to pull towel tight. Keeping core and gluts engaged to maintain balance, slowly tilt the body up and over to the right and return with control. Thirty seconds in, switch to the other side (works core, upper back and glutes).

3) Hippity Hop (one-minute high-intensity cardio): Place your towel vertically in front of you. Keeping feet tight together, bend knees and swing arms back. Arms swing up as you hop over the towel, making sure to land toe to heel with soft knees on the other side (works outer thighs, core and heart!).

4) Tricep Pulse (one-minute low-intensity recovery): Hold towel with two hands behind your back. Hinge forward at the waist maintaining a nice flat back by squeezing the shoulder blades together. Squeeze arms tight to sides and lift towel up in little pulses (works triceps and back).

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hell yea I'm coming to your lake house, anything for some one on one training from the BEST!! :laugh:
    Thanks for another good one for my files Chick!

Becca:bigsmile:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Maybe I need to actually enjoy the view from the dock, instead i'm trying to find a way to squeeze in a workout!! :laugh: I like the challenge :tongue: