Intermittent Fasting

Options
Is anyone doing the 16/8 intermittent fasting? I've been doing it for about a week and a half now and I'm never hungry so my concern is that I'm not getting enough calories but I do make sure that I get my proper nutrients so I'm wondering if it's okay as long as I'm getting the nutrients

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating at least 1200 calories daily…and you should be eating a percentage of your exercise calories, too!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Here's another chart for you... Regardless of what method you use to reduce calories (which is all IF will do), you still have to eat. And eat ENOUGH.

uterpubzq6kh.jpg
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Your probably eating more than you think. There's enough controlled studies that show people underestimate how much they eat and many show a pretty big difference. Anyway, IF can effect your satiety and since it's working well for you just make sure you talk to your Dr. about what your doing, the diet your on and blood work to determine and shortcomings to nutrition. It's also important to periodically eat at maintenance, in other words take a break from calorie restriction.