Intermittent fasting

Options
Who's doing it? I'm doing 16/8 but not very hungry during my feeding window of 9-5. I make sure I get all my nutrients so assuming calories don't really matter.

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Calories DO matter….your body needs enough fuel to run properly!….the very least amount of calories to eat is 1200…. I am sure many others are going to agree with me here….
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    calories ALWAYS matter. Your body requires a certain number to operate and function. And you have to remain in a deficit to lose weight. It's a balancing act.

what method you use to reduce them... (assuming health issues that may require a particular diet) does NOT

cfmnfuwtg960.jpg
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Calories absolutely matter whatever eating style you choose and you are not getting your nutrients, as you put it - badly and consistently missing your protein goal (macronutrient).
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ^ This.

You still need to be eating enough food. That means at least 1200 calories and likely more. I did OMAD and still have days where I do 16:8 out of preference.

But the calorie count HAS to still hit a minimum.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Going too low calorie has potentially dangerous consequences.

There are good ways to boost your calories even when you’re not feeling hungry.
    Protein shakes are one of my favorites.
    But there are other ways, if those don’t appeal.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello Diane. I am doing intermittent fasting, 16/8. But I also keep track of calories and the macros for Protein, Fat, Carbs, Fiber, and Sodium. The reason I do IF is because if I eat earlier in the morning then I have an insatiable appetite the rest of the day, almost uncontrollable. If I do not eat until 12 or 1 then I can have a lovely lunch and supper, a snack, and I actually have to make myself eat enough to get my calories and especially my protein in.

IF is not for everyone, but it is definitely helping me with appetite control. I also sleep better when I don't eat after 7-8pm. But after all that, CALORIES DO MATTER. If you do not eat enough your metabolism will slow to a crawl, retain fluid, and make you hungry all the time. Don't do that to yourself. Eat enough.

Wishing you success on your journey!