I am vegitarian...RECIPES!? and VEGAN?!

Options
I have been a veggie for almost 7 years now and would love to know some quick, simple veggie meals that are easy to access and that do not have crazy cooking times (as i work ALOT)...

also, do you think transitioning to vegan would help me get healthier?

Replies

• jujulili
    Options
    I go to this amazing site called happyherbivore... I don't know if you know it already ? it's great. I also bought 2 of their cookbooks. Hope it helps! ;)
  • l0sing_it
    Options
    Rice and broccoli bake

1/4 c dried brown rice
    1 c fresh or frozen broccoli
    1 tbs minced garlic
    chili powder (optional)
    salt and pepper, to taste
    1 c water
    8x8 pan

Preheat oven to 350.
    Place rice, broccoli in pan and cover with minced garlic, spices. Place 1 c water in microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 min or until water starts to boil. Pour boiling water over the ingredients and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
    Bake in oven 40-45 min or until rice is fluffy.

You can add almost anything to this, it's an easy meal to prepare then walk away until done.

Also, if you like protein shakes, there is a brand called Plant Fusion that is a vegan protien powder. It is very tasty and I am addicted to it!!
  • hnoelle85
    hnoelle85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The PPK has some yummy recipes. I have a lot of cook books but honeslt when i want to try something new i usually just do a good search. Right now one of my favorites is quinoa salad.....

Cook 2 cups of quinoa according to package
    1 can black beans
    1 cup frozen corn thawed
    1large avacadochopped
    1 mago chopped
    1 can of diced fire roasted tomatoes

Just drain and rinse the corn and bean and drain the tomatoes then mix it all together and add any seasoning of choice. I eat mine chilled.

I honestly use to now like quinoa but it is pretty awesome when cooked right and you can add any veggies to it. If you like it with more flavor you can cook it in veggie broth too.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have been a veggie for almost 7 years now and would love to know some quick, simple veggie meals that are easy to access and that do not have crazy cooking times (as i work ALOT)...

also, do you think transitioning to vegan would help me get healthier?

Stir frys

Biambap

Pasta Primavera

Grilled cheese

Panzanella

and no, going vegan wouldn't necessarily be any more healthy then being vegetarian or a meat based diet
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Stir fry
    Eggs - fritatta, omelette etc
    Baked (sweet) potato + filling of your choice
    Spag bol (go easy on the pasta, use lentils or meat free (e.g. quorn) mince)

Going vegan is not necessarily any more healthy that a vegetarian diet, its about making healthy food choices