๐Ÿ˜ Feeble Excuses ๐Ÿ˜

Options
Who's got 'em?

Two from today include:

I had a late morning shower, so I don't want to get all sweaty from a workout... maybe tomorrow.

and

Fresh picked sweet corn is around only once a year and is cheaper bought by the dozen, so I HAVE to have it for dinner all week.

< tongue firmly in cheek >

What are your fave silly food and fitness feeble excuses that sometimes bubble up in your brain?

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    yes.. you must fresh corn while it is in season.. and get that watermelon too.. it would be a crime not to eat those before they're out of season!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yes.. you must fresh corn while it is in season.. and get that watermelon too.. it would be a crime not to eat those before they're out of season!

corn i dont think has much in the way of nutritional value (and i just dont care for it, really) but watermelon is a good source of vitamin C and contains decent amounts of potassium, copper, vitamin B5, and vitamin A

and its good LOL
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Just finished the last two ears of sweet corn for dinner... with butter. I'm good until next summer now. :)

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Sugar free caramelโ€ฆ. Must be zero calories right?
    Iโ€™ll have three.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,203 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

corn i dont think has much in the way of nutritional value (and i just dont care for it, really) but watermelon is a good source of vitamin C and contains decent amounts of potassium, copper, vitamin B5, and vitamin A

and its good LOL

Whaaaat? 2 large ears, MUFAs/PUFAs, over 5g fiber, 8g protein, 5.9% iron, 514.5g potassium, 12.4% vitamin A, 21.6% vitamin C!

Yeah, there are some calories in there, too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (Around 227.)

Back on topic: Chocolate and red wine . . . antioxidants, right?