Bedtime Eating Question

Options
2»

Replies

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with feeling I have to eat at night and not being able to sleep until I do. I knew that functional medicine doctors often recommend trying to have a 12 hour window of not eating, but I just did not think I could do it. Then I was introduced to the concept of ¨metabolic inflexibility¨ and found articles like this https://www.susandopart.com/2019/12/7-steps-to-increase-metabolic-flexibility-your-key-to-health-in-2020/ I realized that my prior weight loss experiences of eating multiple small meals had caused some longer terms issues for me. In case this is something you relate to, since reading this article and doing some exploring of time restricted eating, I have actually been able to get through it and avoid eating and am really starting to feel better. Now when I am hungry at night I do not see it as a problem and think of it as deprivation, I think of it as working toward the long term better functioning of my metabolism. My prior approach of trying to find something small to satisfy me never really dealt with my problem.