Just an observation

Interesting observation just now while posting in my meal diary for today --- the Banner Ad at the top of my computer screen was for Pillsbury's Bacon Ranch Crescant Rolls! I would not have considered to be an item found in the health food isle of your local grocery store.

Replies

• That reminds me of the lunch menu at school. The kids are hammered with "let's fight obesity" messages all day. but then they go into the caf for lunch, and it's all garbage. Some schools even have soda machines.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Your banner ads are set 90% by your own browsing history and 10% by Google ads. MFP doesn't pick the ads.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    That reminds me of the lunch menu at school. The kids are hammered with "let's fight obesity" messages all day. but then they go into the caf for lunch, and it's all garbage. Some schools even have soda machines.

My daughter would have lived on white bread and french fries if I didn't make her lunch in elementary. Middle school she said the salad was gross, the whole wheat bread was stale, but the french fries and the Icee machine were just fine. When she got to High School I gave her a very generous allowance so she wouldn't just eat 99 cent chicken nuggets everyday. Salads are more expensive and i wanted her making healthy choices when she ate out (our High School let the kids go out, since the cafeteria food sucks it was a good thing)
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Your banner ads are set 90% by your own browsing history and 10% by Google ads. MFP doesn't pick the ads.

^ this. You just called yourself (or maybe your spouse...) out, my friend. :wink:

Currently, mine are for the Nissan Versa (I might have been investigating a new Mazda3 a month back and hubby owns a Pathfinder, so maybe he was doing something) and Sage 50 Quantum Accounting (never heard of it, which I guess is the point. Maybe DH was looking at getting his MBA again?)

As for the school lunches, they're trying harder around here but still failing at a reasonable level. They say that lunch includes one entree, some combination of three fruits and vegetables, juice, and milk. The entrees are variable and of course my son doesn't pick the healthy ones, he'll eat sugary fruit cups every time, the juice is fake, and at least there's milk. I try to pack for him, but it's like everything else in life. The commitment fades over time and by the end of the year....