Cognisant self-sabotage - how to avoid it...

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    In these past weight losses, did you have a group of like-minded people like this forum? It was/has been really helpful for me to stay plugged in here to keep my eye on the end-goal.

Lots of wisdom on these pages and good daily reminders.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    @HappyCampr1

I really feel for you.

Injuries can be life-altering and nowhere is it more obvious than weight. I too rely on daily exercise. . .not so much for the added calories because they aren't that much but for the effect they have on my mood and how I view myself in the world.

I hope you find a way to keep exercising and keep coming back here for support and to read. It made a difference for me - especially when I was injured and housebound.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I think the only person who can really answer this is you, but you've been given a lot of great possibilities and examples from others.

Why do you think you are self-sabotaging? What else is going on in your life right now? Any other stressors? Of course, going through this pandemic has been stressful on everyone! How do you cope with stress? Are you aware of how you cope with it?

When you lost weight, did you truly accept that this is who you were, that you could maintain the weight loss? Or was there a little voice somewhere telling you that you'd gain it back, that this was only temporary?

One of my bad habits that self-sabotages is overeating snack-type foods at night. I think part of it is I may be tired so am eating to compensate and part of it is it's almost a ritual at this point, but I know part of it is kind of a stress-reliever for me. It's always crunchy, salty foods. I know I can set aside a portion and the put the bag away, but there's a part of me that thinks I "can't" do it. It's a matter of negative self-talk as well as not having a better outlet for stress at night.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    That's weird. Now HappyCampr1 is @Its_laurel

:neutral:
  • Its_laurel
    Its_laurel Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    That's weird. Now HappyCampr1 is @Its_laurel

:neutral:

@cmriverside Sorry. I changed my name. I had previously had the admins delete my prior posts (hence the low #) and just wanted a new start without losing my database and friends by starting over completely. Didn’t mean to confuse.