Negative Net Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, my calories tracked should be accurate as I weigh almost all my food down the closest gram or eat pre portioned things, I do definitely have binges some days. I’d like to get more lean and slim down slightly more but haven’t been able to drop weight even in this deficit which is why I posted and wondered if I was misunderstanding the net calories

Stress on your body causes water retention which is not the same thing as fat on the scale. Undereating this severely for a long time is definitely stressful. As I and others have mentioned, eating this way is counterproductive and harmful.

I would encourage you to check out the resource page posted by @kshama2001 . Consulting a doctor might also be wise.

I hope you will heed all of the thoughtful advice given on this thread.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,780 Member
    Options
    From an underweight position slimming down doesn't get accomplished by a deficit and by losing more weight including muscle
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Update. Thank you everyone for the advice, support, and answers. I have an appointment for next week with a therapist who will helpfully recommend a good nutritionist as well. Now hopefully I start a muscle gain journey instead of continuing weight loss. I will try to change my mindset around food and body image, thank you all. Any advice for upcoming journey is greatly appreciated!

well done!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,564 Member
    Options
    Update. Thank you everyone for the advice, support, and answers. I have an appointment for next week with a therapist who will helpfully recommend a good nutritionist as well. Now hopefully I start a muscle gain journey instead of continuing weight loss. I will try to change my mindset around food and body image, thank you all. Any advice for upcoming journey is greatly appreciated!

Great plan, good show: Wishing you all the best, going forward on this more positive track!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    If anyone is looking at this that’s impressionable please don’t do this I just got out of months off eating disorder treatment

So glad you're in a better place now and found help you needed before great harm was done to your health and body. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone, you never know who might be going through the same situation and is reading your words of caution.

Finding that happy balance can be very challenging. In a world where models are stick thin and beauty seems to lie in perfect bikini clad beach bodies, it's hard for some to ever feel good enough, thin enough, etc., and sometimes we all need that extra help to get us to a healthy mind/healthy body place.

Repeat after me "I am enough"

{{HUGS}}