Rewarding myself

Options
I lost 40 pounds a year ago and kept that off. I started back in 1 month a go today and I'm down 7 pounds! (WOO HOO) So I rewarded myself with a bit slice of....

... walking an extra half mile this morning! In the past, I'd treat myself with food, but it doesn't even sound good now. I think anything sugary would make me barf. Such a change.

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    jenkindo wrote: »
    I lost 40 pounds a year ago and kept that off. I started back in 1 month a go today and I'm down 7 pounds! (WOO HOO) So I rewarded myself with a bit slice of....

... walking an extra half mile this morning! In the past, I'd treat myself with food, but it doesn't even sound good now. I think anything sugary would make me barf. Such a change.

We went to the zoo yesterday.
    I ordered a small chocolate shake. Y’know. To treat myself.

It tasted good enough. But the texture turned out to be very challenging. And I would not have predicted that in a million years.
    It took me four hours to finish it.
    A small shake!

Before this weight loss journey I would have ordered a large. With fries. And scarfed it down in 20 minutes tops.

• JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Still at it. I added weight lifting 3-4 days a week in November. Still walking daily and only a couple days over calories (but still below calories including exercise). 42 pounds down since August, 30ish to go.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations in your weight loss and on some non-food reward. I aspire to that!
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    @metaphysicalstudio thanks! Sounds so cliché, but showing up is half of it!