Is there a place on "my fitness pal" that will allow us to organize all the recipes by categories?

Options
PersistenceMimi
PersistenceMimi Posts: 1,196 Member
Is there a place on "my fitness pal" that will allow to us to organize all the recipes by categories?

Examples of categories:

Healthy breakfast
Quick & easy
Entertaining
Desserts
And many more.....

1. Rather than posting a recipe with 3 responses, for example, I would like to see the food categories posted, and every new recipe will be posted at the correct food category.
In the long run, the recipe collection can be huge and organized.

2. Can any group create such organization?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

To health

Mimi

Replies

• Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    You can't even sort your recipes alphabetically or search them. I can only suggest that you email Support and make your suggestion.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,001 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You can't even sort your recipes alphabetically

You mean your own rec ipes you have created??

Yes you can.

You can have them listed by date created or alphabetically.
  • PersistenceMimi
    Options
    Thank you Strudders67 and paperpudding for your answers.

I'll contact technical support and find out what is available now and also make a suggestion.

Persistence!Mimi
  • Strudders67
    Options

Yes you can.

Ooh, how do I sort them alphabetically? I don't see any options*. Still not what the OP is looking for but I've never been able to find a way to do anything. If I want to re-use an old recipe that I created, I have to trawl back through all my pages until I find it.

*in case it makes a difference, I don't have Premium membership and I'm using a laptop.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    MFP rarely makes any changes. You can start the recipe name with the intended meal. Like "Breakfast oatmeal with berries." Then sort alphabetically.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,001 Member
    Options

Yes you can.

Ooh, how do I sort them alphabetically? I don't see any options*. Still not what the OP is looking for but I've never been able to find a way to do anything. If I want to re-use an old recipe that I created, I have to trawl back through all my pages until I find it.

*in case it makes a difference, I don't have Premium membership and I'm using a laptop.

Go into 'my recipes' - top right hand corner has a button that gives options of sorting alphabetically or sorting by date created.

This is on ipad and same on my desktop computer and I do not have premium.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I don't have any corner button on my Recipes page that allows for sorting. And what a drag -- I have to slog through 13 pages of recipes to find what I want. I am on a laptop with the latest edition of Firefox browser.
  • Thelinbc
    Thelinbc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I put the name of the course in my recipe title eg. Soup green Pea or Salad Potato, then sort. Also if you use a phone or ipad you can tap the three little dots bottom right ,go to My Meals and Recipes then search for the recipe you want , tap edit , then done and save it. It will go to the top of your recipe list. This works well, but I can't do it on my computer. Hope this helps.
  • Thelinbc
    Thelinbc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The sort by name button comes up when you add food , go to recipes, it is top right.
  • PersistenceMimi
    Options

I prefer to stay on my computer, but thank you for your suggestions. Well appreciated.
  • Strudders67
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I guess this is just another quirk that depends on how you access MFP and isn't applicable to all devices /operating systems. I definitely don't have any of the mentioned options on my laptop.

Edited to add: just re-tried the suggestion of sorting in the recipe tab, when adding a food to my diary. Yes, that displayed my recipes in alphabetical order, but the only option from that screen is to add 1 (or more) serving of it to my food diary. There's no option to Edit from that screen.