7 WEEKS UNTIL I GET MARRIED!

Options
I get married in 7 weeks and I am still not at my "goal" weight. I have so far lost 20 pounds and would like to lose another 7-8 before my wedding. I currently weigh 177ish... (a really good day is 175!!) I told myself I WOULD be in the 160s when I get married. I am still not in the 160's and need some help/advice to help me melt away these last few lbs!

I do cardio 3x a week (high intensity such as spin class and kickboxing) and I do weigh training with a trainer 1-2x a week.

HELP! I am so stuck.

Replies

• Annie984
    Annie984 Posts: 42
    Options
    Are you counting calories?? drink lots of water.. stay away from sodas and sugary stuff, make sure your eating the right amount of calories don't go too low in cals because your working out five days a week you need food for fuel. myfitnesspal has an app that helps you track cals, its free
  • Annie984
    Annie984 Posts: 42
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hope you have a wonderful wedding.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit, and make sure you aren't eating too little.

Hope your wedding is lovely!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I've been told from many married women that the stress/anxiety/excitement/nerves, etc. leading up over the week or so before the wedding has made them unintentionally lose weight before the big day.

I wouldn't worry too too much about getting the last few pounds off and focus on the wedding! Well, I mean still focus on being healthy, but don't beat yourself up if you don't get those last few pounds off! The last 10 pounds is always the hardest to lose! And everyone is going to be gawking at you, the bride, regardless of if you get those last 7-8 pounds off or not :smile:

And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :drinker:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Do NOT drop your calories low in a desperate attempt to lose the last bit of weight before the wedding! Focus on counting calories and watching sodium, and keep on as you have been. Building muscle with the weight training means you will probably look like you weigh less than you actually do. Don't sweat the number on the scale. I mean, what are you going to do if you weigh 170 on that day, call off the wedding? Of course not! Focus on arriving at your wedding as healthy and fit as you can safely manage to be, and forget the number on the scale.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Follow the advice you received about a week ago....
    and enjoy your wedding day.....
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    First of all - congratulations
    second of all - you've lost 20lbs, congrats and relish in that for a bit. 5-7lbs is not going to make a huge difference. However, I 100% understand wanting to see *that* number before the big day. But seriously - focus on the wedding. The more you worry and stress about the weight - the less likely you'll be to lose it.

A few key reminders:

~Eat close to your BMR. I do not know how tall you are or your daily activity. But I'd guess you need to eat at least 1400cal a day. MINIMUM.
    ~ Drink at LEAST 80oz of water a day. Your body needs water to function properly. If you are dehydrated you will retain water to keep your organs working.
    ~ Reduce sodium. Again, sodium will cause water retention
    ~ Get at least 100g of protein a day
    ~ Reduce carbs (not low carb or no carb....just lower.) whatever your current target number is now, reduce it by 20-50g.
    ~ Move more. Even if its not tracked exercise - move whenever possible.
    ~ Sleep!! Get at least 7hrs of sleep each night.

Good luck and congrats again!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been told from many married women that the stress/anxiety/excitement/nerves, etc. leading up over the week or so before the wedding has made them unintentionally lose weight before the big day.

I wouldn't worry too too much about getting the last few pounds off and focus on the wedding! Well, I mean still focus on being healthy, but don't beat yourself up if you don't get those last few pounds off! The last 10 pounds is always the hardest to lose! And everyone is going to be gawking at you, the bride, regardless of if you get those last 7-8 pounds off or not :smile:

And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :drinker:

Agree about the unintentionally losing weight part. My dress fit perfectly when I had the final fitting but when I put it on the day of my wedding, it was too loose!! Hate looking at my pictures now and seeing a dress that didn't fit right. But definitely like everyone else said, just make sure you're eating right, tracking everything, drinking enough water. If you aren't where you want to be, so what? You'll be the only one will notice. Everyone will be watching you and thinking how beautiful you look. Plus, I'm sure you'll knock his socks off no matter what :P Don't worry so much about hitting you goal weight right now, just keep doing what you're doing and focus on enjoying your wedding. Congratulations!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    OP, you posted this about a week ago:
    Thank you for your advice. My fiancee finally hid the scale because I admin.. I am a chronic weigher! I would weigh myself 3-5x A DAY!!!!! I know. Sounds so silly now that I sit and think about it. Not to mention I would weigh myself the WORST TIMES... like after big meals. I havent weighed myself going on 2 weeks and I dont give a damn about that number anymore! lol

Get back to that. Stop worrying about the scale. Start worrying about how your clothes fit. I know it's a personal goal, I know it's something you promised yourself about your wedding day, but an extra 5-7 pounds WILL NOT show in a wedding dress. You are going to be a beautiful bride and you should be worrying about other things right now. Relax and try to enjoy your big day!!
  • LoMyers
    LoMyers Posts: 11
    Options
    Don't negate the hard work that you've done so far -- 20 lbs is great!! I'm a fitness instructor and women always tend to focus on the # on the scale. I do it sometimes too BUT you're doing a great job incorporating consistent physical fitness and don't forget that weight/strength training ADDS lean muscle! Focus on your energy level, how clothes are fitting, etc.

Now that you know/feel what hard work feels like, it's time to step it up with your diet.
    What are you eating and tracking? You may want to consider making your diary public or accepting "MFP Friends" to lend advice. 7-8 weeks is plenty of time to make changes but it's going to be tough work.

I don't know what your diet consists of, but the first questions I ask are: are you eating out often (lunch or dinner), how many sodas/alcoholic beverages do you drink in a day, and how much water are you drinking?

Preparing meals at home will give you control over the fat, sodium, sugar, etc. It's only 7-8 weeks, keep it simple. Lean protein (chicken, tilapia, turkey breast), with lots of greens. Try to add no/little salt.. Instead, rely on fresh herbs/garlic/onions for flavor.

If you drink soda or alcohol, cut these out! Again, only 7-8 weeks.. How badly do you want it? In my experience, people who JUST cut these out of their daily diets (or decide you can have it once a week for your "cheat" day) drop lbs. instantly.

I hope you and your fiance all the best! I KNOW you can do it!!
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    :happy: Wow! thank you ALL!!!

So many great posts and a ton of advice. Thanks again! Makes me feel great! :wink:

I do not drink much anymore. I used to have an occasional drink every weekend, but NOT anymore! I MIGHT drink 1 -3 drinks a MONTH and that is honestly stretching it. Although, I have my bachelorette party this weekend in the fine town of Austin, Texas and I DO plan on having some drinks. Heck why not?! Im entitled to right? I do not drink sodas often, but when I do its a coke zero. I know all soads are bad... even the "zero cal" ones.

I know something that I can improve on is drinking more water. After a kick-*kitten* 45min work out I still have almost 1/2 a bottle of water left in my bottle. I will def. work more on making sure I get to drinking more water. I really think that will help the most since I seem to have it (mostly) all together.
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    First of all - congratulations
    second of all - you've lost 20lbs, congrats and relish in that for a bit. 5-7lbs is not going to make a huge difference. However, I 100% understand wanting to see *that* number before the big day. But seriously - focus on the wedding. The more you worry and stress about the weight - the less likely you'll be to lose it.

A few key reminders:

~Eat close to your BMR. I do not know how tall you are or your daily activity. But I'd guess you need to eat at least 1400cal a day. MINIMUM.
    ~ Drink at LEAST 80oz of water a day. Your body needs water to function properly. If you are dehydrated you will retain water to keep your organs working.
    ~ Reduce sodium. Again, sodium will cause water retention
    ~ Get at least 100g of protein a day
    ~ Reduce carbs (not low carb or no carb....just lower.) whatever your current target number is now, reduce it by 20-50g.
    ~ Move more. Even if its not tracked exercise - move whenever possible.
    ~ Sleep!! Get at least 7hrs of sleep each night.

Good luck and congrats again!

GREAT pointers... thanks a bunch.
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You look great, your BF looks happy in your profile pic... just enjoy your time and life together. The weight will come off eventually.
  • Szymur
    Szymur Posts: 6
    Options
    You might want to lower your daily portion of carbs to about 150. That's what I do as a athlete and works perfectly. we, in this case, keep thier protein level really above needed but that's to help building muscles (which looks ugly on women). good luck and congratz on progress made so far
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    You look great, your BF looks happy in your profile pic... just enjoy your time and life together. The weight will come off eventually.

aw thank you so much. :)