looking for *new* friends.....

Options
BobcatGirl110
BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
this does not mean I don't like the ones I have :) it just means that I'm discovering that sometimes during this journey you need a different "stage" of friend to support where you are at the moment...that's all. I've lost 48lbs, I'm currently at 158 and looking for 40-50 yr old ladies in the same range to "circle the wagons" and get these last maybe 20 or less pounds off. If you happen to be in this category let's do this last big push together!

Replies

• wyley333
    wyley333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in this category! I'm currently 44 @ 160 and would love to drop 20-25 before I say I'm at goal. Started this journey 2 years ago at 190, the first 27 seemed to come easier by just adding exercise, this last 20 has been a b%$#h.

Started August by doing a "detox" of sorts, Aug 1 was sitting at 167 and now down to 160, dropped that by cutting sugar, caffeine, alcohol and keeping a consistent diet of meat/veggies/fruits. No fast food, processed food or crap basically. I was happy with the results and will continue to stay the course with the exception of an occasional adult beverage being added back in. I do think tracking what I'm eating will help because I think I need to watch the calories, even if I'm sustaining a fairly low carb way of life right now (haven't been tracking before).

Best of luck on your journey and final push to the end!
  • BobcatGirl110
    Options
    bumping this for "like" friends....40-50, 20lbs or so to lose, let's do this!!!! As goals and progress changes we all need different types of new friends.....I'd like to do this part of the journey with a few people who are in my same boat :)
  • turboyvette
    Options
    I am right there with you! I have roughly 8 pounds that I can't seem to get off. I am 45, and determined to do this! Please feel free to friend me!
  • lisalisa27
    lisalisa27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 but I think that is close enough to what you are looking for :) This weight needs to get off!
  • BobcatGirl110
    Options
    thanks ladies :) sent FR and let's remember we CAN do this :) Some times you just gotta work a little harder or change things up a bit :bigsmile:
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me, I have sort of accidentally been in "maintenance" for the summer deciding on a game plan to drop the last 20 pounds. Sending some friend requests:smile:
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. Have been trying to get that last 10lbs off for 2 years now! Lets do this.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hey! Add me.
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi there me to...160 looking to get to 140-147 just turned 40 ;/....so feel free to add me :)
  • Jamaica2
    Jamaica2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am at that point also. Felt great last Feb. when I was 20 lbs lighter. I really want to get back there. I am taking a year off from teaching kindergarten so I have the time to get this done. Would love some friends to stay accountable with. My wt is higher, 197 . I feel great at 177 although I know a lower number from there would be awesome.
  • wahoostampingirl
    wahoostampingirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me in...I'm 46 and reached my goal weight of 136 in Dec. of 2010, which was a loss of 115 lbs. I maintained for about a year, but now the weight has been creeping back on for about 18 months. I'm almost 20lbs over my goal and I'd really like to get back there. I reached my goal on Weight Watchers and I've been a faithful member for the last 6 years, but I felt like I really needed a change, so I came over here to MFP. I'd love to have some "new" friends too.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A little over the age(55)-- but I am halfway there and I now,need to lose the next 23 pounds. You can add me for the next stage of this journey.
  • ucan2012
    ucan2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YOU CERTINALLY SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF :) IM HAPPY TO JOIN YOU BUT MY GOAL FOR XMAS IS TO HAVE LOST 3 KGS AND TO MAINTAIN IT FOR ALONG TIME UNTIL I SET MY NEXT 3 KGS AND SO ON I HAVE ALWAYS SET THE BAR TO HIGH 4 MYSELF SO IM STARTING OFF GRADUALLY HAVE A GREAT WEEK .
This discussion has been closed.