Breakfast

Options
So since I've gotten into health and fitness, I've found that my biggest challenge is getting accustomed to eating breakfast. I used to have my first meal between 11am and 1pm. Has anyone else found this to be a challenge?

Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I use to..but if your still having trouble, you should probably try doing IF or intermittent fasting
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is no need to eat breakfast. So if you don't like it, still eat at 11am or so. It's more important you eat enough calories, not when and how many. But make sure if you skip breakfast, they you eat higher calorie lunches and dinners.
  • ANDRE_DOE
    ANDRE_DOE Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    IF has been working for me I dont miss breakfast sometime I have breakfast for dinner its won of my favorites. ive been eating my 1st meal between 12 and 1 pm im losing weight and loving it. when I was younger I could eat 5 or 6 times a day and work out and eat right and look guuuuud. but for me after 40 I couldn't do that anymore im just not as active when I discovered IF im loving it. although I have hit a weight loss wall not being able to get under 195lbs on 1420 calories buts thats a different story
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I work the night shift. So my breakfast is sometimes at 5 p.m. and my dinner is at 2 a.m. I think that if you eat within an hour after getting up, you should be fine. I myself try to eat a protein at every meal. Also often times I skip lunch because I can't fit it in to my schedule.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I can not remember a time when I haven't had breakfast. I don't think I could function well at work in the morning without it...plus i don't drink caffeine.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I work the night shift. So my breakfast is sometimes at 5 p.m. and my dinner is at 2 a.m. I think that if you eat within an hour after getting up, you should be fine. I myself try to eat a protein at every meal. Also often times I skip lunch because I can't fit it in to my schedule.

There is no reason to eat within an hour of waking up. Again it's about getting enough calories within your given "day"
  • mbucchieri
    mbucchieri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love breakfast food, so eating it isin't a problem, but finding the time to eat it can be a challenge. I try to plan ahead, make a smoothie, or parfait, just things that I can grab and go with. It helps !!
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this is a thread--I've heard over and over again that you need to eat breakfast--that your metabolism slows down if you dont----I'm not a big breakfast eater myself and I start getting hungry around 11 or so. I usually just have a protein shake or something to satisfy me until my 1 oclock lunch
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never ate breakfast until about a month ago. The posters that said breakfast is not necessary are absolutely right. You don't NEED breakfast. As long as you are hitting your calorie goals you can do it in 10 small meals or 1 big meal. For me, once I started to work out and eat at my calorie goal I found I was very hungry all of the time with my old pre get in to shape routine (eat lunch and dinner only, no breakfast, no snacking) so I started to spread my food intake out over the day so I had something to munch on every few hours. This made it easier to get through the day so eating breakfast became part of my life. If you are not hungry when you get up don't sweat it, eat when you get hungry. You can always adjust your eating schedule to fit your routine in the future if needed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I used to just eat an early lunch, but now that I'm counting calories I'm definitely hungry for breakfast.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I definitely had been in the past! I have gotten much better at it but still eat my breakfast in small 2 or 3 parts. Usually a slice of whole wheat with PB before my workout, protein shake or more PB after & a hard boiled egg or something similar when I get to the office. I find it easier when I eat several small pieces
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys! I wake up early, around 7, so I am active for hours before I get hungry. Lately I have been drinking a protein shake or making fruit/veggie juice in my nutri bullet in the morning. It is easier for me to consume something in liquid form during the early morning hours.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5am, workout at 5H30 and never eat before 1pm.

Just eat when you are hungry