It's Precious to Me

Options
nossmf
nossmf Posts: 8,990 Member
The saying goes, "The best things in life are free." Well, sometimes the most precious things in life are ALMOST free, as in basically worthless to anybody else but of infinite value to one person. What possession do you own which a would-be robber would skip bagging, but you consider among your most valuable items? Is it a paper diploma which took you years to earn? A hand-quilted wool scarf from a long-deceased relative?

Replies

• nossmf
    Options
    When my oldest son just became a teenager, he and I got into a big argument. Afterwards, he didn't have the words to say sorry, but it was around Christmas time, so he nixed his original gift idea for me and instead hand drew a picture of a dragon, with the words "A mighty dragon is my dad...so don't mess with my dad."

I framed that picture and keep it on my bedside table.
  • nossmf
    Options
    When my daughter was quite young, not yet school age, she asked me what I was doing as I packed for a camping trip. "I'm putting in this bag everything I need to stay safe until I come back home."

At the campsite later that day, I discovered my daughter's contribution to my safety equipment: a single domino, one of her favorite toys. A decade later, that domino remains in my bag. With that lucky charm, I have never failed to come home safely.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I made foot prints of my kids when they were about 3 months old and framed the footprint alongside a picture of them at 9 months.

I have all my colored belts that I got during my karate journey

I still have my bridesmaids dresses (although I can't fit into them) and my Matric Farewell dress
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    My dad still has the tooth molds from the orthodontist from when my sister and I got braces (almost 4 decades ago). My mom is horrified by what he keeps
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I have various glass products that I cherish but aren’t anything special. My tea pots, porcelain dolls, fancy to me cups and decretive bowls. One day when I have a case to put them in I’m going to collect crystal figurines. 🤔
    I also cherish my not on purpose white themed stuffed animals.
    I’ve been dragging some of these animals and dolls around with me from place to place since I was a little girl. I still every now and then add to the collection.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    My children's memory books, comic books and a guitar that my grand father gave to me.