Ultimate Accountability Challenge, (UAC Oct. 21) Be healthy, happy and successful!

Options
2»

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Please read the enthusiastic reviews above, then...

Welcome to a great team!!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    You are the boss of which exercises you do; how high your calorie limit will be; and whether to ‘eat-back’ exercise calories burned.

The accountability is regularly posting your daily results for:
    1) At least 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions. Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions
    Click this link to join up today!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141516-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2021
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!! This is an amazing group and has had such a positive impact on my health journey! I can't say enough great things about it! :)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    October will be my fourth month, and honestly, I'm horrible at it, but I still make a check in for every day. The last couple months I've been really bad about exercising and had too many days that tracking (and staying under calories) is just not happening, and yet I keep coming back because I know that if I don't have this challenge I'm more likely to completely give up. And having this group helps give me that extra accountability push to get back on track after a bad day (or a bad weekend).

And even with my intermittent detours, I've still managed to lose 11 lbs in the 3 months I've participated (Right on track for my 1 lb/week target loss rate minus 2 weeks on vacation). I know that wouldn't be happening without this challenge.

TLDR: Join, do your best, even if it isn't perfect, you can still get great results and make progress towards your goals.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks for your personal stories @znaoiec and @brisingr86
    See more inspiring stories above and then click the link below and then hit the "Join' button
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10844583/ultimate-accountability-challenge-uac-oct-21-be-healthy-happy-and-successful#latest
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    In October I will have been in the UAC for a year! I don't make the Winner's Circle every month, but the accountability is what I need to stay the course and ultimately stay on track! For me, the key is to not give up after I've used up my 3 Pass Days!! :)

Please be sure to read the inspiring stories here and then click the link below - and don't forget to hit the JOIN button!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10844583/ultimate-accountability-challenge-uac-oct-21-be-healthy-happy-and-successful#latest

• RangerRickL
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer You got here before me tonight!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    You are the boss of which exercises you do; how high your calorie limit will be; and whether to ‘eat-back’ exercise calories burned.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions. Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141516-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2021
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Even though I am not as "talkative" as others in this group, I find it very enjoyable and inspiring. I have never made the winter circle, but have been a champion a couple times. This group really does make me think twice about my activities and choices. And, brevity is totally acceptable! :-)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    _JeffreyD_ Thanks for your post! I means a lot to me and the UAC team! You are a champion to me!
  • RangerRickL
    Options

• yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello! I joined the group for the first time this month (September). I'm so glad that I found it; It is really helping me reach my goals and keep myself accountable. Lost of great supportive people here. I'm joining next month again. If you haven't joined yet, you should definitely try it; it will make a big difference. :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi there!
    You should definitely give this group a try!
    There are many great groups in UAC, but this one has that “Special Sauce.”

But as they said on the old “a reading Rainbow” 🌈 show “Don’t take my word for it!” TRY IT YOURSELF!

You may find your UAC home - as many of us have.

This group enabled me to lose my final 25 lbs of 75 AND maintain for the last 3 years and 1 month!

YOU decide what counts as your exercise.
    YOU set your calorie goal for each day.
    YOU decide if you tracked your intake.

By placing YOU in the Driver’s seat, UAC helps you steer your success - whether it’s weight loss, weight gain, or maintenance.

Join us! Really… why not?

All My Best to you in finding the methods & habits to meet your health goals.

🌸Maddie
    PS For new MFP members, simply scroll up & click on the blue link. Then click JOIN.

PPS Your FUTURE SELF will thank you, I promise!
  • alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have participated in this group a few times in the past. Somewhere along the way, I fell off a cliff. I'm glad to see it is still going. Looking forward to the accountability as winter gets under way.
  • mrsoddino
    mrsoddino Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m a newbie! Thanks to my friend StayFITTer for introducing me to this group!
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,729 Member
    Options
    It's not too late to join the UAC (it’s never too late).

I want to add to all the other stories that the group has been helpful to me not only on weight loss and fitness but also very supportive around mental and emotional health issues. Several members have difficult life histories and the support is wonderful. It’s has helped to keep me sane during a difficult year.