Close yet so far from an hourglass!!

Options
Hello all,

I am a petite woman who is very close to an hourglass however its been extremely difficult to achieve. I know with working out and dieting it isn't easy, but I feel so close to this body type and have been told that I'm practically an hourglass on a forum I had posted pics on. I have a pretty large bust and decent sized hips for my height and a decent waist. What's been extremely challenging for me on my weight journey is getting rid of belly fat. I've found that when I was loosing weight last year my waistline itself got smaller but my belly fat still lingered and it's extremely frustrating. However last year I did lots of hiit and ate pretty low in calories and not enough protein. I gained the weight because I lost hope that I'd get a flat stomach and prioritized on building my glutes. Right now starting this summer I decided that I want to work on cutting and slimming down a bit. I'm eating at a deficit, lots of protein, and lifting heavy, and making sure I keep myself active everyday. This time around my hips have pretty much stayed the same size and my waist has gone down a bit, but again the belly fat lingers. My ultimate goal is to get my waist down to 26in and my hips to 38in. Right now I'm at about a 27 in waist and 37 in hips. Will I ever achieve this.

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to have such a small waist?

And how tall are you? What is your weight and your goal weight?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Honey, you are already an hourglass shape. There is no specific measurement that makes an hourglass, it's the proportion of bust to waist to hip. I, too, am an hourglass shape, just 10" bigger in all dimensions than the "classic" fashion-rag measurements (36-24-36, if memory serves).

What would actually change if your waist were one measly inch smaller and your hips one measly inch bigger?