Made it past a century

Options
I figure for my first post on MFP that it should be a big one...

Before I joined MFP I had lost 35 pounds, since joining I have lost 66 and that puts me at 101 pounds lost.

I will say it hasn't been easy, had to totally change my diet and carefully watch what I eat. But using this site was a big eye opener. I didn't realize what I was putting into my body. I still go over on sodium from time to time and that is something that I need to work on. I also go over on sugar, but that's from all the fruit that I am eating so I am not too worried about that.

Exercise was something that just didn't find a way into my daily activities, and now I am doing laps in the swimming pool in the afternoon and doing a swim aerobics type thing in the evening. I try to do 45 min of each and am slowly building up my time. When fall/winter hits I won't be able to do my swimming, but I figure that I can either join a gym or get those workout videos (30 day shred, P90X or the Insanity) to help keep me going.

I still have about 50 more to go, and I will reach my goal.

Replies

• keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am sure the last 50 will be easy for you now that you have the process mastered.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You have already accomplished so much! Way to go! There are a lot of excellent DVD's out there that don't require a membership or a lot of equipment, not to mention just walking at a fast pace that can hopefully take the place of your swimming option. Sounds like you are certainly on a success track and I wish you well on your continued journey!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    congratulations. What a great first post !!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What an awesome success story! So glad you are working so hard toward your goal, and you're right - you'll make it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!