Need a little help a meal plan (increasing calories)

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am starting to try to really keep on track with logging my food and exercising at minimum 60 minutes every day. I had a very bad stomach virus about 4 weeks ago and I am still having a really hard time getting my calories up.

Normally I have been hovering anywhere from 800 to 1100 calories so I am doing better, but I really feel I need to be in the 1300 to 1500 calorie range to get the energy I need to fuel my workouts. I don't want to hover at 1200 calories anymore but I am having a hard time picking the right mix of food that is higher in calories but lower in fat and especially lower in sodium and sugar.

Is there anyone out there who eats approx. 1300 to 1500 calories on a normal basis, who I can take a peek at their meal logs to get a better idea of how to structure my meals. I am really trying to get on the right foot here, but it's been a struggle to get up to 1200 calories lately. Thank you!

Replies

• CarolinaButterfly
    Options
    I would like to know as well. I have a hard time hitting the 1200 mark. I have increased my works from 30min to 60min. I gain wieght from my body being in starvation mode and I am working against myself. Please forward info you find out and good luck :smile:
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    You can look into my diary. I have it set at 1600, dont always eat that much.. I do not log Sats and Suns..and I did take a few weeks off.. but if you look from last month back .. I pretty much logged everything.
  • Creative_Sam
    Creative_Sam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I wish I had your problem. Your welcome to have a look at my diary if you want.
    If you want to up your calories without eating too much extra, look at healthy fats - avo's, nuts, peanut butter etc.
    It's easy for me to rack up my calories with these healthy fats.
  • RedScathach
    RedScathach Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Will do! Nice to know I am not the only one. So frustrating too because I was doing well for a little while, but then I got sick - couldn't eat for a while, lost 10lbs and then gained 12 back! Since it was a struggle to get up over 600 calories a day I didn't have energy to do anything with regards to working out.

I will get there, I just need to stay motivated, find the right foods and keep up with these workouts (omg so sore today but it feels good!)
  • RedScathach
    RedScathach Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can look into my diary. I have it set at 1600, dont always eat that much.. I do not log Sats and Suns..and I did take a few weeks off.. but if you look from last month back .. I pretty much logged everything.

Thank you so much! I have my phone beeping at me to remind me to log everything now so hopefully that helps a little on my end too