Help - Calories in granola

Options
There's this cafe near my house which I love eating at a lot. I absolutely love their granola, however I know that some granolas aren't very low calorie-wise. The menu says granola with honey (I'd say a Tbsp), raspberry compote, and oat milk (half a cup?). I don't know the kind of granola, but it's got seeds and almonds in it. Any estimation of the amount of calories? I normally wouldn't be too worried, but I do go here quite often haha.

Replies

• sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    ask the people at the cafe
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    As long as its natral just dont give a crap and the calories in it! :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

That's not great advice for weight loss. It's definitely possible to eat too many calories even on completely natural food and your body doesn't care if it's 500 calories of granola or 500 calories of egg mcmuffin (for weight loss purpose, obviously they'll have different vitamin & macro compositions).

OP, I think I'd look for a similar granola in the food diary and guess on the high side. If it has almonds and honey in it, I wouldn't be surprised if you're looking at 400-600 calories per cup.
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

That's not great advice for weight loss. It's definitely possible to eat too many calories even on completely natural food and your body doesn't care if it's 500 calories of granola or 500 calories of egg mcmuffin (for weight loss purpose, obviously they'll have different vitamin & macro compositions).

OP, I think I'd look for a similar granola in the food diary and guess on the high side. If it has almonds and honey in it, I wouldn't be surprised if you're looking at 400-600 calories per cup.

Yeah I've been estimating on the high side just in case :/