Want to get back on track, but can't control myself!

Options
Hello everyone!

So I'm completely off track for about a month now, and gained 5 pounds. I ate A LOT. Probably about 3000 calories a day or over. I thought I got rid of my old eating habits, but they are back and I don't know why I can't control myself.

I lost 22lbs by carb cycling, it's a program by Chris Powell (Choose to Lose). I know this way of eating is the best for me, and I try to get back at it, but whenever I see chocolate or something, I eat it. Or buy it, when it's not in the house. Also, I have to eat the whole bar. Same goes for crisps. I gotta eat the whole bag. It can't stay by one hand or something.. I feel so disgusting about myself. I used to get back on track easily but this time, it's so hard. I haven't worked out for a week now.

Whenever I start eating healthy and exercise every day, I feel great about myself within 3 days. I feel like I've lost 20 pounds lol.. So I would like to feel this way on my birthday, which is in 11 days. I would like to really get back on track. I would love to throw away all the fatty foods in the house, but my parents will go nuts I think. But if that's the best thing to do, I will talk to them. They just don't believe in me anymore since I break my own promises over and over again. I keep telling them "I'm getting back on track, please get all the chocolate away from me." when it's evening and go to bed. The next morning, not everything is gone and I start my breakfast with salty peanuts. This is getting sooo out of control. I feel gross as I type this.

I weigh 186lbs and I'm 5'7", so I'm overweight.

Please help me, I really appreciate all the help! I'm desperate..

Replies

• Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    It truly comes down to basic self control. You know this. The problem is that the consequence for not eating right is not negative enough to stop you. Not losing weight or even gaining weight is an acceptable consequence for your choices. Until you truly feel that it is unacceptable you will not have self control.

Have you ever wanted to quit your job because a boss or coworker did something you didn't like? You didn't because being unemployed was unacceptable.

Have you ever wanted to slap, kick, or punch someone for something they did or said? You didn't because going to jail for assault was unacceptable.

Of course you can control yourself. You do it every day when you feel controlling yourself is worth it. You simply have to change your mindset. Stop thinking that not meeting this goal is acceptable and you will be able to better control yourself.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Stop the fad diet stuff and just eat healthy. Denying yourself certain foods will set you up to fail. The only foods you should absolutely deny yourself are foods that you are allergic too. Yes limit the unhealthy foods, the foods that got us all to this place we hate. But let's face it we love those foods for whatever reason. So to say for the rest of my life I'm not eating _______, is just crazy. You will, and if you said you won't, you will now feel like a failure. Once you feel like a failure you will be tempted to give up.

So you slid a little, so what, so will I, and you will again. The important thing to remember is as long as you don't give up you haven't failed. So eat a well rounded and healthy diet FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, not just till you loose the weight you want to loose. Eat something fun once in a while, just not every day. Get plenty of exercise and don't follow the latest craze.