Insanity: break before day 7

Options
I've just done day 2 and I was already sore to begin with, if I remember rightly last time I just could not do day 3 at all because I was so sore! Did anyone else need a rest day before the allocated day 7 rest day?

Replies

• heytheresierra
    Options
    ya i felt like i did, but dont take it unless u really feel like u cant get thru it, modify is u need, but it will stretch ur muscles back out so ur not so tight! :D
  • shawnakrebs
    shawnakrebs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Modify the workout but don't stop. Sometimes pushing through the soreness helps. Drink lots of fluids and stretch good.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If you need a break, take one. If you want to go for a walk or run instead of the dvd, go for it. People burn themselves out on the program by starting too fast - it's a high intensity cardio program and can hurt someone if they aren't careful. Listen to your body.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 now, and week 1 was definitely hard! I was so sore by day 3, but I decided to power through. I found that once I was done the warmup the muscle soreness had mostly dissipated and I was able to get through the workout no problem. The important thing is to know the limits of your body. If you feel like you absolutely can't do it, do something a bit lighter instead.
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm on week 2 now, and week 1 was definitely hard! I was so sore by day 3, but I decided to power through. I found that once I was done the warmup the muscle soreness had mostly dissipated and I was able to get through the workout no problem. The important thing is to know the limits of your body. If you feel like you absolutely can't do it, do something a bit lighter instead.

I agree 100%. I powered through the rest of week 1 and by the time the warm-up and stretch was over, the soreness was practically gone. But everyone is different, so listen to your body and don't overdo it.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would seriously at least attempt to do the warm-up and the stretches. If your body is still feeling extremely sore after that, then I'd take a rest day. Most likely, though, after you warm up & stretch, your body will feel much better. Always listen to your body, though....you will know what to do.