Newly Engaged

Options
Hello! I just got engaged this weekend and now I'm feeling more motivated to lose weight and to look and feel great on my wedding day! I have a general schedule I'm following for workouts, but for weight training whats the best way to lose weight?

Like, is it better to do lighter weights with more reps or heavier weights with less reps? What will lean me out faster??

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,282 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just got engaged this weekend and now I'm feeling more motivated to lose weight and to look and feel great on my wedding day! I have a general schedule I'm following for workouts, but for weight training whats the best way to lose weight?

Like, is it better to do lighter weights with more reps or heavier weights with less reps? What will lean me out faster??

Thanks in advance!

For weight loss, a calorie deficit is all you need. Strength training isn't something you do 'for weight loss', it's something you do to prevent muscle loss while losing weight, or even gain muscle mass while losing weight if the circumstances are right (relatively untrained, small calorie deficit, sufficient protein intake) which will improve your body composition.

Generally speaking, low weight and more reps will train endurance, not muscle/strength gain. If you can do 20 repetitions or more, the weight is too low to be effective for strength training. Personally I aim for 8-12reps, occasionally 15.