Calories When Deepfrying

Options
Normally when I cook I measure out all of my raw ingredients using a food scale or a unit of measurement (i.e tablespoon). For oil, I always add how much I cook to my recipes when cooking with it. I’m planning on making a treat to test out my new deep fryer and am wondering if there are any tips for figuring out how much calories to add for the oil used in the process?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You could weigh your oil before and after frying, just be careful moving around containers of hot oil.
  • DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You could weigh your oil before and after frying, just be careful moving around containers of hot oil.

I feel like that would be challenging as I’ve noticed temperature affects the weight of food. For example, I weigh all of my post cooked ingredients when I make multiple servings, but after being refrigerated the weight changes so I weigh it again. As long as it’s split equally between all people at the end of the day the net calories is accurate.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie. For a sec I thought this would be about calories expended by deep frying. :)
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Not gonna lie. For a sec I thought this would be about calories expended by deep frying. :)

THIS is why we need a laughing icon! I would laugh with you!