Where's my Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescatarian peeps?

Options
New to MFP, but down 23lbs. Newly pescatarian, but vegan curious lol. Would love to add some friends to motivate and encourage each other :)

Replies

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on your progress so far, that's awesome! Vegetarian here. Feel free to add me!
  • CraftBeerWoman
    CraftBeerWoman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am "trending towards vegan" slowly but surely. I would love to connect with some like minded peeps.
  • Gayle22864
    Gayle22864 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a new vegan. Was veganish for a long time, but sticking to it now.
  • IssaJourney
    IssaJourney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay! I set you guys requests :)
  • maggiedib
    maggiedib Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been a vegetarian for roughly 6 years. I would love to get low-budget recipe ideas!
  • IssaJourney
    Options
    Bump
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Vegan here!!
  • IssaJourney
    Options
    Bump
  • IssaJourney
    Options
    Bump
  • HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    vj50k5fcqmyq.jpg

• TinaRiePaq
    TinaRiePaq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 10 years. Feel free to add me!
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I'm a flexitarian. I only cook vegetarian, a lot of vegan, so I never have meat in the house, but if I go out or visit friends, I'll eat anything.

Like, if I'm at an all day course and the lunch options are a nice veggie stir fry with chicken or the vegetarian option is a heavy pasta with a cream sauce, I'll pick the veggies and chicken.

I have a very sensitive digestive system, and I don't always want the "vegetarian option" available to me, so I make my life simpler by just not worrying about it when I'm not in control of the cooking.
  • VeganSnob
    VeganSnob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya!!
    I’m newly vegan from vegetarian 2017 stroke survivor currently infusing my food with cbd for pain & stress management (which is amazing btw)
    My new doc suggested I download this app because 2018-2020 I gained 50lbs (I believe from (bp meds) + poor stress and pain management... (Had shoulder repair surgery 12/2019)
    I don’t eat enough to justify the weight increase... my goal is to get off meds completely within 12 months (1 has been cut in half already as of 2 weeks ago) increase my movement 100% so I can feel better and be healthy in mind & body
    just took a bunch of test and I see doc tomorrow for results.
    Hopefully they give us insight so my weight loss success journey can continue successfully

Ps
    I have not gained any additional weight since I started managing pain and stress better ☺️
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Vegan for the last 4.5 years. From Nola. But about to go flex for a bit.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,704 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the Happy Herbivores group here? Direct link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

It's only mildly active, but it's a good place to "meet" those vegetarians, vegans, and maybe some plant-intensive flexitarians.

Me, I've been ovo-lacto vegetarian for over 47 years (now age 65), thin to fat to obese and back again; currently hanging around on MFP in year 5+ of maintaining that loss from obese to healthy weight. That said, I'm a seriously sub-par MFP friend - more of a Community forum gal, I guess - but do accept friend requests. I still log most days, but not all.

Wishing you success!