No wonder so many more women have great abs these days!

Options
https://insider.com/women-share-coregasm-orgasm-from-ab-workout-experiences-2021-10?amp

And for those that don't but are working on it, you are welcome!

I can see new gym chains that operate around these concept opening.

On a more serious note, and something that some say is common... the "runners high". I've only ever had that happen a few times running, yet get it on a regular basis on our elliptical. For me it's more often after a major push, and at the end of the exercise, rather than during. I'm not sure if it's the lack of distraction from cars, people, dogs, etc vs actual running or what. I never get it on the bike, even when in a fairly isolated area, and I can push much harder on the bike usually.

Any thoughts?

But until I figure that out, maybe I should just work on my core more?

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I’m not clicking on the link but I can guess what it’s saying. I can categorically state that ab exercises for me are bloody hard, and in no way lead to any kind of euphoria.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    I almost never get the happy hormones high on the trail when I am listening to a podcast, but I can get it on the exact same trail when listening to music. So I podcast halfway out and music on the way back. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in.

I get a high from swimming much sooner into the swim. (I have a waterproof MP3 player so am listening to music then as well.)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I’m not clicking on the link but I can guess what it’s saying. I can categorically state that ab exercises for me are bloody hard, and in no way lead to any kind of euphoria.

No doubt, core stuff sucks at times. I've never even heard of such a thing myself, but the article claims it happens in both women and men.

kshama2001 wrote: »
    I almost never get the happy hormones high on the trail when I am listening to a podcast, but I can get it on the exact same trail when listening to music. So I podcast halfway out and music on the way back. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in.

I get a high from swimming much sooner into the swim. (I have a waterproof MP3 player so am listening to music then as well.)

Interesting. I really only get the "high" when doing fairly tough cardio, and usually only after at least a half hour or more. Doing crazy hard intervals for a short period won't do it. I never got it swimming at all, ever. Well unless you count the rush of "I AM going to surface again after getting pounded by several large waves!".

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    https://insider.com/women-share-coregasm-orgasm-from-ab-workout-experiences-2021-10?amp

And for those that don't but are working on it, you are welcome!

I can see new gym chains that operate around these concept opening.

On a more serious note, and something that some say is common... the "runners high". I've only ever had that happen a few times running, yet get it on a regular basis on our elliptical. For me it's more often after a major push, and at the end of the exercise, rather than during. I'm not sure if it's the lack of distraction from cars, people, dogs, etc vs actual running or what. I never get it on the bike, even when in a fairly isolated area, and I can push much harder on the bike usually.

Any thoughts?

But until I figure that out, maybe I should just work on my core more?

Some woman can experience orgasms during certain movements of resistance training as well as men might become aroused with certain stimulus. This isn't unheard of and individualized for many variables.

Also in before lockdown because of human reactions isn't deemed appropriate to talk about.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I think the modern day MFP can handle it. Years back it would have been a dumpster fire.

As for the lifting.... I could get a "buzz" lifting, but completely different from the cardio type.