Need 30/40/30 meal prep ideas.

Options
ivyjbres1
ivyjbres1 Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2021 in Food and Nutrition
I'm in a rut! I have reactive hypoglycemia and have to eat every 3-4 hours, moderate carbs (no more than 30g per meal), whole grain whenever possible. I'm so tired of trail mix and beef jerky. What moderate carb meals do y'all prep?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I've focused on being under 30 g carbs rather than the rest of your macros. I'll let you do the math as I didn't know what's the 40%.

A moderate amount of potatoes isn't that carb-intense. I find meals like this quite filling for few calories.

s2aepttn48h2.png

Here I've swapped out the potatoes for @ a half cup of rice, which is all I need these days:

uvay5ofll400.png

And look at how much butternut squash you can eat and stay at 30 g carbs! I gave you more butter, a little sugar, and some cinnamon for this meal:

0026e61cf6a8bfc9aa82431d89537e07.png
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I'm guessing 30/40/30 is Carbs, Protein, Fat. You could look up 40/30/30 plans (the common "Zone" diet) and eat slightly less carbs and slightly more protein. Low fat protein like chicken breast or fish will make this easy.

https://zoneperfect.com/blog/why-403030
  • kshama2001
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Shame on whoever diagnosed you with reactive hypoglycemia for not giving you the resources you needed to eat the way they told you to eat. I'd ask them for meal plans but preferably a referral to a registered dietitian (not a nutritionist if you are in the US) and seek another doctor if they don't come through.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    You might take a look at this site (for which I do not work, nor receive compensation of any kind for suggesting):

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

It explains more at the "How it works" link on that page, and does appear to let you set individual macro goals. Some features are free, I think others may be premium, but I'm not sure which are which.

You give it some parameters (number of calories, dietary style, number of meals/snacks . . . .), and it generates a daily meal plan with recipes. The front page lets you try some basics (not all the features) for free, without even signing up for an account.

Truth in advertising: I don't have an account. I've messed around with the "without an account" functions, and am fairly impressed with that, but structured meal plans are exactly the wrong thing for my personality. I just experimented with it a little, thinking it might be useful for some folks who do want such structured plans.