Sugars??

I am having alot of trouble staying under my sugar value. I am 6'4 255lbs. MFP has my sugar value set at 43g a day. I put a bannana in my protein shake for breakfast, have a cup of strawberries and 5oz of sliced apple, and a greek yogurt for lunch and this put way over on my sugar value already. Plus my mixed veggies have some sugar with my dinner. Is this ok because the sugar is all coming from raw healthy places rather than sweets??

Replies

• Good question. I have been wondering the same thing.
  • hoffmann_maddy
    hoffmann_maddy Posts: 16 Member
    i've asked that several times and i've been told that unless you have a sugar problem, don't worry about it, as long as your sugars are coming from healthy choices. I adjusted my sugar allowance to allow for my fruit intake.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    I am having alot of trouble staying under my sugar value. I am 6'4 255lbs. MFP has my sugar value set at 43g a day. I put a bannana in my protein shake for breakfast, have a cup of strawberries and 5oz of sliced apple, and a greek yogurt for lunch and this put way over on my sugar value already. Plus my mixed veggies have some sugar with my dinner. Is this ok because the sugar is all coming from raw healthy places rather than sweets??

Yeah, unless you're diabetic, don't worry about it. If you were going over your sugar all the time because you were stuffing your face with candy bars... that would be a different story. :)
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Don't even bother counting sugars. Seriously. As long as they're within your carb macro quantitiy, don't stress.
  • I agree with hoff...... Healthy, natural sugars should be ok as long as there is no additional problem you are dealing with.

I have been on holistic diets to control candida and increase the function of my adrenal system. During this time I wasn't even allowed to have fruit as ANY sugar feeds the yeast. However, once I was healing and feeling better I was allowed to reintroduce healthy sugars....those from fruits and vegetables and whole grain (preferably sprouted products).