Back again! This time the Vegan Shakeback

Options
Hey y’all, I’ve walked these mfp streets before, and now here I go again. I lost a lot of weight with the help of mfp. Became Vegan 4.5 years ago and lost even more weight. Then the pandemic happened, and the amount of processed foods I consumed was unbelievable. I gained 25+ pounds, all while still being vegan. So here I am, again struggling with depression and carrying all this weight. The first time around, I used slim fast to help jump start my weight loss, and while I know it’s not vegan, I’ve made the decision to go that route again (temporarily at least). In addition I’m kicking the processed foods to the curb, and am gonna start with walking, and maybe a few gym cameos. What I do know for sure is that I’m 1000% committed to myself. I’d like to make a few motivated friends along the way.

My favorite quote is from Arthur Ashe: “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”

Where I am: mentally, I’m ready to take my health, body and self confidence back.

What I have is:
My 64 oz. water bottle
My Apple Watch
A good trusty pair of tennis shoes
A few small weights & bands
YouTube for fitness
My commitment to myself to finish writing this love letter to my body ❤️

Do what you can:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 🙌🏾💪🏾

Replies

• Jeremy0311
    Jeremy0311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! ☺️
  • Shaybe92
    Shaybe92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love your commitment to health!
  • fattyfightnit
    fattyfightnit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amen on the what you can do☝️ Trying to be a better steward with the health He's given me too. Good luck! Be steadfast!
  • osolovelysince89
    osolovelysince89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely leaning toward Him during this journey. Being a better steward over my health and body is something He has has been impressing on me as will
  • SilvaCentari
    SilvaCentari Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Beautiful commitment! You definitely got this for sure 🤘🏻
    and will help in possible way I can to assist in you achieving your goal. You're off to a good start with that mentality and mindset. So you're already one step ahead of the curve!