water park exercise?

Options
Hey everyone

I will be spending the whole day at a water park tomorrow and I know I will be doing work! How would I log this into my exercise? I am sure this has to count some how. 5 hours at a water park has to count lol

Replies

• resinite
    resinite Posts: 14
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of walking. Some swimming too, maybe. You could probably guesstimate by the end of the day. Have fun!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    That is a good question. It is hard to gauge this type of recreational activity. Especially most of the time you are riding something and very little physical effort except when you got to go back up those stairs and wait in line. Good luck on that one :^) I will give you 200 cals burned for the day at the most :^)
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That is a good question. It is hard to gauge this type of recreational activity. Especially most of the time you are riding something and very little physical effort except when you got to go back up those stairs and wait in line. Good luck on that one :^) I will give you 200 cals burned for the day at the most :^)

I'm sorry I will have to disagree, if you count walking about (to and from the rides and around the park) it can add up to quite a lot, I doubt you will get any real swimming in, but if you're taking young children with you, you will defiantly get some hours of running around after them! I would try to estimate how long you are walking about and then log say about 3/4 of that time.

Have a nice day and enjoy yourself.
  • shimacrema
    shimacrema Posts: 87
    Options
    thank you all for the response. I did lots of walking today. I also did some plyometric squats and crunches in the wave pool! my kids were cracking up but then helped me by holding onto me as i was jumping up.gotta love them
  • ttmm12
    ttmm12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don;t know what state your in but I'm in Florida. I have a yearly pass to the Waterpark. Going today and it is quite the workout. Along with the weather today being 86 , along with the walking and climing stairs but some of the rindes is a great wk.out.. I love Rapid, it is what most can relate to the lazy river ONLY the water is puching you enough that you are walking very fast. I walk, run, swim . I do about laps !!
    And I'm laughing and having sooo much fun. That is my wk out for the day!!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I log it as leisurely walking, less than 2mph - and I also usually only count half of the time I'm there, because a lot of the time I'm just waiting in line!