Just getting started and seriously ready to shed some pounds

auntiem2010
auntiem2010 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! I just signed up and I am excited about seeing just what I am made of...and finally doing what I have been wanting to do for years! I know it is going to be frustrating and difficult along the way so I may need some support from others going thru it all. I have had a motto now for some time...I always say to myself, "There is only one thing standing in your way of loosing weight...and that thing is you...and you are huge!" lol...enough of that crap! Time to change the way I think and watch what that does to my body! So...time to begin...:happy:

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Hello and welcome!! :)
    You came to the right place. The people here are great, supportive and helpful. Good luck!!

Love the motto! haha

Christina
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    If we all help each other maybe this time will be different. I am sure hoping so
  • polkmoore
    polkmoore Posts: 2
    I surely agree that the only person standing in the the way is ourselves. Therefore I am taking control of my elbows, and from this point on ...nothing is going in my mouth that is over a 120 calories per serving. I have already started with 10 calories jello, bottled water with 5 calorie flavor sprinkles, and lots of fruit (canned and fresh). May the Lord see us through this marvelous journey. I am definately going to be needing some inspirational power as well... hopefully I will be able to help many.
  • Jav512
    Jav512 Posts: 1
    Just signed up and ready to go. As a single parent it's always hard to find the time. Well I'm running out of time, I feel myself wasting away and losing strength. So I'm going in full force, I'm all in and going for broke. So lets keep each other motivated.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    You've definitely come to the right place. I love this site! It really can keep you motivated. I'm actually enjoying this now! That's definitely a first!
  • I figure if I actually post something, then in a way I am holding myself accountable to others. I don't ever share my weight loss goals, just in case I fail. Of course, that sets me up for failure. I like the idea I saw of mini-goal rewards. It's great to see I'm not alone!
  • Can you tell me how to add the ticker? I thought I followed the directions :)
  • manipriscilla
    manipriscilla Posts: 18 Member
    good luck !! ^_________^

I join MFP long ago only i didn't get enough support because i didn't used to make friends ... i'm telling you this !!! PEOPLE HERE ARE REALLY SUPPORTIVE AND BECAUSE OF THEM I LOST 22 LBS SO FAR !!! :heart:
  • Is there a way to find a 'buddy' that will help hold you accountable, or do check-ins?
This discussion has been closed.