Frustrating plateau

Options
So I hit it. My first plateau. Despite eating the same as I did when I started my fitness journey to now, I've decidedly hit my first plateau.

Mind you, my body is getting fitter and burning less calories during exercise. Time to reevaluate, eat cleaner, exercise harder, and push through it.

I was on a roll. 195 lbs to 182 lbs in just about three months.

I was thinking about joining the Nerd Fitness Rebellion and checking out the Paleo diet. My stalling is most definitely made in the kitchen, not in the gym.

Replies

• bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Recalculate your BMR too.... you sound like you've lost BF, so this could change how many calories you are supposed to be consuming.
  • rjs0416
    rjs0416 Posts: 23
    Options
    Yeah. I just did that. Since I started measuring two months ago, here is my data:

193lbs (138 lean, 54.4 fat, 28.3% bf)
    to today:
    183 lbs (140 lean, 42.2 fat, 23.1% bf)
    Recalculate your BMR too.... you sound like you've lost BF, so this could change how many calories you are supposed to be consuming.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    How long since the stall?
    Are you logging accurately?
    Do you weigh everything?
  • rjs0416
    Options

- About going on two weeks of diminished returns.

- As accurate as I am able. When logging, I also tend to overestimate on foods that I do not know or break down into rough estimates on ingredients for already prepared foods. For fitness goals, I am logging calories burned via the Fitbit flex, which underestimates because it doesn't take into account weight training or some lower-movement cardio.

Do you weigh everything?

Food wise? No.
  • nomeejerome
    Options

- About going on two weeks of diminished returns.

- As accurate as I am able. When logging, I also tend to overestimate on foods that I do not know or break down into rough estimates on ingredients for already prepared foods. For fitness goals, I am logging calories burned via the Fitbit flex, which underestimates because it doesn't take into account weight training or some lower-movement cardio.

Do you weigh everything?

Food wise? No.

2 weeks is not a plateau and it would be a good idea to invest in a scale for accuracy. Be patient.
  • JESSEVANS1980
    Options
    My plateau lasted around 4 weeks and I finally jump started the weight loss with a 3 day Shakeology cleanse and my body feels amazing, on top of finally seeing results again.
  • nomeejerome
    Options
    My plateau lasted around 4 weeks and I finally jump started the weight loss with a 3 day Shakeology cleanse and my body feels amazing, on top of finally seeing results again.

Oh, that is nice of you beachbody coach.

OP: you do not need to do Shakeology, nor anything that has "cleanse" as an option.
  • rjs0416
    Options
    Wasn't planning on it. My problem when I first started losing weight was under eating. I started tracking my food and realized I was only consuming around 1000 calories a day of... well... not good food.

With higher quality food, I am now consuming a net of 1200 to 1500 a day with about an hour of moderate to high intensity cardio 5 to 6 days a week and weight training 3 to 4 days a week.

Oh, that is nice of you beachbody coach.

OP: you do not need to do Shakeology, nor anything that has "cleanse" as an option.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Don't change anything if it's only been 2 weeks. Start to worry if it lasts longer than 5. I have 2-3 week plateaus every single month (but I guess I'm female so it's more complicated too).
  • RobotMil
    RobotMil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't a plateau, it's normal weight fluctuations. I've had a couple of 2 week stalls, but it generally goes that I bounce up and down the same half pound for a couple of weeks then lose a couple of pounds in 2 days and carry on from there. Hopefully! Be patient and keep at it, if you know you are accurately tracking and eating within your calorie range, it'll come off eventually.