Ultimate Accountability Challenge! (Nov2021) -Do you have a plan to be successful thru the holidays?

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Welcome to a great team!!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

You are the boss of which exercises you do; how high your calorie limit will be; and whether to ‘eat-back’ exercise calories burned.

The accountability is regularly posting your daily results for:
1) At least 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions.
Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions

Click this link to join up today!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141719-ultimate-accountability-challenge-november-2021

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,264 Member
    Important challenge that's contributed to my success!
    93 pounds down and going through my first holiday season soon. This group is going to be so important for my daily check-ins!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Being an active member of this group for the last year has helped me tremendously on my weight loss journey. I've lost 50 lbs in the last year, but more important than that is what I've learned from long term members of this group that will help me to MAINTAIN my weight loss.

For me, the key has been that in months when I've used up my 3 Pass Days, I know that I have to continue to KEEP COMING BACK..... keep checking in.... I have to continue to hold myself accountable - I can't just give up and let my eating become a "free-for-all".
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,074 Member
    this is absolutely the BEST challenge/monthly group on MFP. It gives you the building blocks to succeed with your plan. The encouragement and inspiration as well as knowledge in this family is wonderful. I have been on here almost a year now I think and each month it seems to get better and better.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited October 2021
    I am really glad to be a part of this challenge it is an incredibly supportive nonjudgmental group of folks. I learn something new each day in regards to health and wellness give us a try this group may be your missing link.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,158 Member
    This group has been the driving force behind my weight loss. I have been a part of UAC since November 2020 and reached my goal weight this month which feels so amazing. Support, encouragement, self awareness, empathy, discipline and accountability is what I have received from this group. The rules seem simple enough but even after all this time I still find it challenging! Hope to see u in the group, trust me when I say you will not regret it.
  • I just joined the group last month (so have done 2 months of it). I've found everyone to be very welcoming, kind, and insightful. I am pretty far along on my weight loss journey but had been stuck in a plateau for months and I have gotten unstuck and started losing again thanks to this group!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,293 Member
    This is a very welcoming group who helps me to focus on something so important
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

You are the boss of which exercises you do; how high your calorie limit will be; and whether to ‘eat-back’ exercise calories burned.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141719-ultimate-accountability-challenge-november-2021
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,345 Member
    This is a group of very kind and encouraging people who follow 3 sensible goals that have proven to be successful for weight loss. Many members are now at Maintenance. If you're looking for some help committing to the program, this is the place!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,373 Member
    edited October 2021
    November will be my fourth month participating in the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) and I am very grateful to have found this group so quickly after joining My Fitness Pal (MFP). When I first joined MFP and UAC in August, I didn’t know where and how to start and was overwhelmed by how long it was going to take me to lose this weight in a healthy way.

The volunteers that lead and support us are from around the world, of varying length, nature, and stage of experience, and committed to both their own and all of our success.

The participants are such good people. You will find non-judgemental support and cheer leading from many of us — and may even find yourself joining in too 🥰 Exactly what I needed then and I need now. I think we all do.

I have learned that my accountability to myself in that honest struggle to keep showing up day after day — even and especially when I slip — is the key for me. So I am “in” for November because I have no intention of “finding” any of the 28.4 pounds I have lost since August with the support of this group.

Click the link below, then in the upper right corner (“Join”) to have a super successful November:

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,448 Member
    edwardsc60 wrote: »
    I'd like to join. I think these are 3 sensible goals I can stick to.

Come join. You will be glad you did!
    Three simple rules. I call them "true and tried principles". True for those losing and maintaining.
  • Mrs_Hoffer

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited October 2021
    This challenge is currently helping me during a period where life is just "too busy". I am sure I am not the only one who has lost a lot of weight, only for life to start getting in the way, and next thing you know you start not tracking everything as closely, or finding the time to exercise, etc, and before you know it you're not tracking anything and ignore it all as you gain weight back.

This challenge just takes a few minutes to log in each day and report on the 3 goals. Just being mindful of reporting in daily is all it takes to help keep those 3 things happening daily. Without that simple little check-in, it's just too easy to "skip today", and then the next, etc. I have been able to stay on track quite well, and it really feels like the only way to get off track is to simply stop checking in...which makes no sense because I still have health and weight loss goals I wish to maintain in spite of life being "too dang busy".
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Thai group has helped tremendously. Even though I have yet to join the winners circle I have steadily lost weight. I’ve found the days I use as pass days… I miss exercise because I’m too unwell or I overeat my intended calories but it’s still within maintenance.

Considering a year ago I was 20 lbs heavier and not exercising to now exercising 4-7 days a week and eating maintenance or less, I think I’ve done quite well. Checking into this group everyday reminds me of my goals.

Thank you to all the volunteers and members!
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Hi, just a quick message to encourage readers of this thread to join us in the UAC!

This will be my eleventh month in UAC – the group is very supportive and inspiring. I have been maintaining now for over 2 years but I still need to keep an eye on what I’m eating.

The three “rules” are very simple but hard to achieve sometimes. However, you can just show up every day - doing your best – and the group will cheer you on to be a “Champion”.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,668 Member
    Join us at UAC!

This will be my 4th month and it is a very welcoming community for everyone, no matter what stage you are at on your journey. Lots of great advice, support, and encouragement!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 850 Member
    My first month with UAC was October 2021 and I’m looking forward to my 2nd month in November.. The community is so supportive, organized and interactive. I’m growing in my awareness and lost 6lbs through consistency and lifestyle change that the group promotes.

I learned about this group in August and I wish I would’ve started sooner. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to enter the New Year better than when you started. Join today!
  • Mrs_Hoffer