Healthy breakfast ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• slovercarlye
    slovercarlye Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I typically eat a breakfast sandwich 6/7 days each week. 1 jimmy dean precooked pork sausage patty, 1 egg scrambled, 1 multigrain english muffin. It works out to 310 caloires / 26g carbs / 21g fat / 14g protein. I also will add in a protein shake later in the morning if needed. It works for me as a post-workout breakfast. While it could be healthier (ie subbing with turkey sausage, adding in egg whites0 this works for me.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    On weekdays, I usually have a smoothie (banana, soy milk, Vega protein, spinach/kale, chia seeds, and flax seeds) or oatmeal (frozen berries, oats, cinnamon, peanut butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds) which usually ends up being around 500 calories.

On weekends, I have a bit more time and like to load up my calories and have leftovers. I really like making protein pancakes (plain protein powder, baking powder, flour, sugar-free syrup, salt, and water) or tofu scramble (extra-firm tofu, spinach, mushrooms, tomato, turmeric, pepper, garlic, soy sauce, and onion) with pinto bean sausage (beans, oat flour, bean liquid, sugar-free syrup, and sausage seasonings), toast, and jalapeno blackberry jam. I also sometimes make veggie hash with beans, tempeh, and gravy, especially in colder months. These are usually 600-700 calories, depending on toppings.

If I feel like prepping, I usually do the bean sausages and some kind of baked oatmeal (I love apple butter baked oats) or muffins with soy yogurt and fruit. I also like breakfast burritos and english muffin breakfast sandwiches. Really just stuff that I can kind of grab and go with. I try to keep these around 500 calories.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have the same every day - up to 100g skyrr, up 20-30g of plain unsweetened/no dried fruit muesli, 100-150g fruit, 10g cashews, 10g mixed seeds. It's around 400cals though so not ideal if you have big meals later in the day - unless you are working out :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    With getting the kids to school and myself to work on time, I'm on the go in the mornings, and on the go early, so it's usually one of my green smoothie recipes and a couple boiled eggs. I usually make the smoothies the night before and boil enough eggs for the week in my Instantpot on Sunday evenings.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a lot of breakfast grain bowls lately. I'll make a big batch of brown rice or quinoa on the weekend and toss it in the freezer (I can make several weeks worth this way). In the morning I will heat it up with whatever veggies I have. Lately that has been a mix of sauteed cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Then, I'll top it with whatever seasonings (this morning was a bunch of cracked black pepper and some Calabrian chiles) a whole bunch of nutritional yeast and a poached or fried egg.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    6 oz of Fage 0%, 5 oz of fresh fruit(pineapple, mango, cherries, grapes, strawberries) 1/2-1 oz of Grain-Free Granola, Vanilla Almond Butter + MCT + 16 oz of coffee with an 1 oz of half and half
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    If I have breakfast it's normally a frittata to help rid of any leftovers. But generally it's something that involves eggs and homemade gravlax with greens, onion etc. Pretty basic.
  • Mocalar
    Mocalar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amost always, egg sandwich consisting of 1 egg, 2 slices Killer Dave's Bread, 1/2 avocado (medium or small).
    This morning grits, 1 egg and 1 slice of Killer Dave's bread. Both under 396 calories I am allotted per meal.