Does calorie goal automatically update?

Options
Hello,
I recently subscribed to the premium membership for the nifty macro tracking tools. I just realized that my calorie goal is now 1800, I *had it set to 2100 calories, as well my carb and fat goals seemed to have changed. I may have caused all this playing around with the mono and poly unsaturated fats goals? Or does the calorie goal update along with weight updates? I had a higher custom goal than it's showing now due to being 7 months pregnant. Just trying to figure out why it changed.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you went back into settings and changed current weight there, or your goal for loss or maintain - then yes the goals are reset.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,228 Member
    Options
    If you go to the GOALS tab, you can change your calorie goal.

If from the GOALS tab you click on the "Guided Setup" and either make any changes or not (current weight and goal of losing, maintaining, or gaining at a given rate) it will update your calorie goal, and it will assign macros.

If instead you click on the EDIT tab of your daily nutrition goals section, you get to make your own changes. But there's a catch and/or something has changed. I used to just be able to set my calorie goal to any number I want and it then assigns macros. If you have premium, you can go into settings and tell it you want to set macros by grams instead of percent. Now if I want to set the calorie goal, I have to tweak with the grams of macros to get that calorie goal number what I want it to be.

If you just enter your weight on the CHECK IN section, it will NOT change your calorie goal.

Hope that helps.