Two Months In

zx9vtb8xl4nu.jpg

On August 26, 2021, I weighed 214 lbs. My blood pressure was 150/95 and my blood sugar was 132 mg/dl. I finally decided it was time to take my health seriously. I'm 59 years old and really did not want my retirement years to be in poor health and not be able to enjoy that time!

I started a Ketogenic diet that day. I try to keep my calories under 1450. A calorie calculator put me at 1458 calories/day to lose weight.

Today, I weighed 194.4. My BP is 98/63. My BG is 98 mg/dl. I have lost almost 20 lbs in 2 months time. But more importantly, my BP & BG numbers are AWESOME! I still have a ways to go weight wise. I would like to get down to 150 as my ultimate goal. But I am very happy with my other numbers!

I've included a snap shot of the graph from here. I would weigh myself every morning, after voiding my bladder and in my b-day suit! Then record that weight on here, even when I didn't want to. So it's been an up and down journey, but the downward trend is key. That is what is going to keep me on this journey! That, and how I feel which is tremendous! I know I still have more to lose, but I'm feeling pretty awesome today!

Replies

• danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 98 Member
    You're doing a great job!
  • Elske224
    Elske224 Posts: 15 Member
    Awesome <3 I am so glad your bloodwork and bloodpressure is improving !
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Great progress! Congrats
  • PeachTye
    PeachTye Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations
  • nancydriedger
    nancydriedger Posts: 48 Member
    That's crazy awesome job!
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,812 MFP Staff
    Congratulations!
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Wow, that's terrific!
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    You're doing great. Slow and steady wins the race. Remember, when you get near your goal weight, just adjust your calories so that when the day comes you don't have to "go" to maintenance - you're already there.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 505 Member
    Kevvboy wrote: »
    You're doing great. Slow and steady wins the race. Remember, when you get near your goal weight, just adjust your calories so that when the day comes you don't have to "go" to maintenance - you're already there.

Great advice! Thank you! I still have many months to go before I reach goal weight, so hopefully I'll remember this!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Awesome results! Congrats!
  • lifestyle50
    lifestyle50 Posts: 8 Member
    Congratulations! We have very similar goals and successes. It's great to hear about your success and I'm happy you are feeling good.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Congrats! You are doing great.
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!