Looking for Friends to help keep me motivated!

Options
Hello All,
I joined myFitnesspal last October and then immediately forgot all about it! Then in April of 2013, I had an eye opening doctor appointment that changed my life. My two kids had just turned one years old and I had a routine check up. The doctor told me he had concerns about my weight (I was at an all time high of 350lbs). He also noticed that I had a high liver enzyme count come back in a blood test I took. He then asked me something that hit me hard. He asked "do you want to play with your kids?". If so, then I needed to make a change now before they got older and were 'more mobile.'

This one simple question changed my outlook on life. I no longer want to be the big funny guy that frequently makes jokes about being out of shape and not being able to do stuff. I started eating right and saw some quick results. About a month later, I purchased a treadmill and I began walking. It has been 4 months and I am down 68lbs. I don't want to stop here though. I feel like I still have a long way to go.

So anyway, I am looking for friends on here that can help me stay motivated. If you are looking for the same, please feel free to send me a request. Thanks.

30308257.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• LittleCulturedPearl
    LittleCulturedPearl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You start seems similar to mine. I joined almost a year ago, lost weight, put it back on and then realized I need to learn how to keep a healthy lifestyle so that I don't end up needing bigger-sized clothes again. Feel free to add me, I am always posting advice and my own concerns about portion control, exercise, weight loss, and recipes. :)

Good luck. Your kids will appreciate being able to play ball with you!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Way to go !!!!! Glad the line hit you and you're sticking with it !!!

I'm doing this for my kids too. I didn't have much to lose but wasn't the healthiest and I'm an older mom and want to be around as long as I can for them. Kids are a great motivation!

Friend me.

Nancy