Fasting Diet

Options
Has anyone tried the popular fasting method...

I did it unbeknownst to me that it was a thing..... many yrs ago, strictly because my job was very intense and not a lot of down time ....

Has anyone tried this and do you have any tips..... I think I'm going to give it a whirl again...
It was pretty simple once you start doing it consistently...

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite clear on exactly what you are asking.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Fasting can be a valuable tool in maintaining an energy deficit thus facilitating fat loss. Like anything else, it won't work if you eat too much and slide into energy surplus. Give it a go...
  • Thewonderofitall
    Thewonderofitall Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do a 16:8 fast five days a week. On the weekends I do a "Zig-Zag" diet to keep my metabolism confused. I have lost a lot of weight/fat so it works for me! I last eat at 8:00 pm and don't eat until 12:00 Noon.

I also do a 23 Hour fast once a month or so. It's all about the autophagy!

https://healthline.com/health/autophagy
  • cindywho3
    cindywho3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started at 14/10 two days ago. I find it much easier than the 16/8 which I have done in the past. It does work. But you still have to be mindful of what you are eating.
    Right now it will be interesting since I am doing a heart diet and the intermitent fasting..
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    cindywho3 wrote: »
    I started at 14/10 two days ago. I find it much easier than the 16/8 which I have done in the past. It does work. But you still have to be mindful of what you are eating.
    Right now it will be interesting since I am doing a heart diet and the intermittent fasting..

Cindy 👋
    I have enjoyed a short fast 12/12
    Keeps me from late night eating

Guess I'll try and expand on that with a 15/9
    I'm also diabetic with heart concerns.
    Haven't talked with my doctor but will.

Here's to your journey and what works for you 👍

• Reonnn
    Reonnn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i did omad for awhile i was on 1800 to 2000 cals a day so id fast 24 hours hours then eat all my calories in a 1 to 2 hour time frame i wouldn't recommend this but.... fasting is a good tool to be used weather its 5 and 2 omad warrior diet 16-8 as long as its not a starvation fast like you are still eating its a good tool.... as long as its sustainable slow and steady wins the race starvation leads to binge days witch makes you hit your goals slower anyway. good luck and dont give up ^^
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween!! 🎃