Trying to figure out what else i can do to help me lose weight

Options
Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice sense my doctor insists on giving me general information that is the general norm.

I have PCOS and with that insulin resistance, so i have a lot of issues with my weight. Over the last year however i've lost 55 lbs. Which is good but i feel like i can do more.

more specifically, here lately, i've started eating less pasta and switching with zucchini noodles and i avoid a lot of loaded junk foods unless its saturday, which is my cheat day. I usually hit 1250 or 1350 cal or inbetween before i feel full. here lately its been under 1300. and i just stop eating all together after dinner. i just don't feel hungry anymore, and as someone who has an eating disorder, its a major step up from what i was at each day. So I have been trying to up my active minutes. I have a fitbit and i only count when my heart rate triggers the active minutes on my watch, so i aim for 60 minutes a day. I want to make this my daily, and i've started progressing tward this, but i wondered if there was anything else i could do to help. I eat low GI, i avoid sweets all week, sunday to friday that is, and i try to go to the gym and use the tredmill every other day so mon wed fri. I burn over 500 cal doing this which is great but i'm finding myself obsessed with the idea of just eliminating the amount of calories i take in during the day.

i've been overweight my whole life. and right now i weigh less than i did back in highschool and yet i can't fit the pants from then. which bugs me.. my goal is 190 but if i get there and i'm not to my pant size goal, i'm going to keep going.

I have a "B" belly which leaves me with this unsightly muffin top and i can't afford to get any surgeries, not to mention my body just can't handle it if i were to do it.

so what do you guys think?

i'm eating healthy, exercising, but can't seem to get past a pants size 20 yet.. so anything you could offer would be a big help! thanks!

Replies

• TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing it. Try to not have an entire cheat day, maybe just a cheat meal or a big snack. Small steps will help it to be more sustainable over the long term. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Eliminate the cheat day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    So you are an active person with low calories but you are not losing weight.

First of all, sometimes people think they are not losing weight, but it turns out they are, not just as fast as they like. Congrats on the 55 pound loss! It is normal for weight loss to slow as you get closer to goal. Are you using a trending app like Happy Scale (iphone)? If so, does the app agree that you are not losing weight?

If so, it could indeed be the cheat day, like others have said. Are you logging this day? If not, you could easily be wiping out the deficit you worked so hard to create the other days. One place to start is logging this day and consider if you should change it to a logged cheat *meal*.

If you are logging and have ascertained that you are still in a weekly calorie deficit and thus should still be losing weight, there are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    One of the easiest ways to lose weight is good sleep hygiene, aim for 8 hours of sleep. You will have more energy and it's easier to stick to your meal plan.