Exercise to lose weight?

WullieP
WullieP Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
HI

Sorry if daft question!

What would be best to lose weight?

1. Cross Trainer monitoring heart rate. Can manage an hour without being shattered and machine says 600 calories burned but I always feel like I havent pushed myself as trying to stay in heart range.

2. Treadmill. Manage an hour running but very slow and heart rate is over "suggested" range. Shattered after it but machine generally says 400 - 450 calories burned.

My question is should I stick with the higher calorie burn (as simple as that?) or go for the running which everyone calls the gut buster!

I have lost 9 pounds so far and hit a plateau and got another 50 to go.

Any advice appreciated!

Replies

• EmmaCusted
    EmmaCusted Posts: 12
    why not both-half and half??
    :)
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    which ever you find allows you to burn the most calories is best for weight loss, regardless of how exactly it was you burned them. With you, and apparently with the vast majority of people, the cross trainer allows a higher calorie burn per hour, so stick with that!
    Many people prefer the treadmill as they want to get better at running for various reasons, but if you're not bothered about that then the cross trainer will suffice!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    I think you should mix it up. I find personally if I stick to one exercise at the same pace I don't push myself as much. Try one day treadmill, then one day cross trainer, then do 20 mins on both the next day. You can try doing some intervals (walk/jog/sprint) on them as well. This is going to prevent you from being bored and keep you pushing yourself!
This discussion has been closed.