Scary stories to fit the day

Options
ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
Do you have any to share? Doesn't have to be Halloween related at all. Just something that went bump in the night and made you jump. Something unexplainable. Or explainable.

I need to feel the shivers today. :)

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    My girlfriend is really comfortable with the idea of spirits. She was telling me that for a few years, she had a spirit that would walk the halls in her house. She could hear his footsteps, see him from time to time.

She says she spoke to him and said he was free to stay with her, as long as he behaved. And he did. Until her baby was born and she saw him sitting in the chair in the baby's room. She told him to stay out of that room, but he didn't listen. She says she smudged him out shortly thereafter.

That freaks me out, but she was just so nonchalant about it all!
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend is really comfortable with the idea of spirits. She was telling me that for a few years, she had a spirit that would walk the halls in her house. She could hear his footsteps, see him from time to time.

She says she spoke to him and said he was free to stay with her, as long as he behaved. And he did. Until her baby was born and she saw him sitting in the chair in the baby's room. She told him to stay out of that room, but he didn't listen. She says she smudged him out shortly thereafter.

Was it a harmful spirit? Did your friend think he would've hurt her child??

I'm also very hyper sensitive and use to see a lot of spirits when I was younger. It's fascinating in movies and books but this happening irl makes you question your sanity so I was like this is not for me!!🙏🤷
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options

Was it a harmful spirit? Did your friend think he would've hurt her child??

I'm also very hyper sensitive and use to see a lot of spirits when I was younger. It's fascinating in movies and books but this happening irl makes you question your sanity so I was like this is not for me!!🙏🤷

She said that a few times the baby started crying and she saw the spirit leaning over the bed. It was enough to have her tell him he was allowed to walk the halls, but was not welcome in the bedrooms. When he didn't listen, that was it.

Just weirds me out. If it happened to me, I'd move! Haha
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I’ve never outright seen a spirit but it’s like I’m often on the very edge of seeing them. I’ll see something moving in my peripheral, turn and look, gone. No reasonable explanation for my mind playing tricks on me like something the general shape and color blowing in the wind. They’re usually a large animal or sometimes a shadowy human figure.
    I’ll never forget this one time I was taking a midday nap and I CLEARLY heard someone say my name right behind my head. I was fully asleep and I immediately jumped out of bed. No one was home. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Other smaller moments have been as simple as an odd gush of wind, a deeply forbidding feeling of a space. I have crazy disturbing dreams.
    Sorry none of this was a spooky story, not quite on topic. 😅