Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile check in please! :o
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I'm glad your DH is feeling some better and that you aren't having any pains from the kidney stone. I know what you mean about thinking every "normal" feeling isn't normal. That happened when I knew I had the aneurysm. It's hard to not have those thoughts. I hope the stone passes without pain. Polar Bear Club - you're a beast. Is it every week?
    Thanks - I'm glad I'm not the only one with every little thing potentially being something serious. Hopefully I'll feel better after my appointment.
    Polar bear club is twice a week. Meetings aren't very long - most people do 2-3 minutes at a time with jogging/dancing before and in-between to warm up, maybe 3 sets, then they run back to the lockerroom to get dried off and changed. There are all ages, but most are older than me. I've only been 4 times this season though because of how everything has gone this month. Not the best for getting acclimated, but everyone else reacted to the colder water yesterday the same way I did, so I guess I'm not doing too bad. The kids love it, although daughter spends more time on the steps with just feet in the water. That hesitation actually makes it harder IMO - you've just got to go into the water in one confident movement. It definitely gives you an endorphin boost!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    I hope you will feel better after your appointment too @polskagirl01 . I agree, if you are going to jump in cold water, do it all at once. Easing into it makes it easy to just say no. LOL

Yeah for a great Thanksgiving @kgirlhart . Excellent running too and seeing Sunny is a bonus!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    November 1 – 7.32
    November 3 – 5.30
    November 5 – 5.60
    November 6 – 3.06
    November 7 – 7.5
    November 8 – 7.1
    November 10 – 8.02
    November 12 – 5.06
    November 13 – 3.51
    November 14 – 10 (Cade’s Cove Loop Lope)
    November 17 – 4.97
    November 20 – 3.1 (YWCA Turkey Trot)
    November 21 – 6.04
    November 24 – 5.12
    November 24 – 5.03
    November 25 – 8.52
    Total – 95.26

I ran with a friend to celebrate her birthday today. We ran 8 ½ miles to the Pinnacle Fire Tower (elevation gain 3781 feet). It wasn’t too cold when we started – around 34F but at the top of the mountain the wind was blowing and it was at least 10 degrees colder.

@katharmonic – 8 minutes is a long time to be doing burpees! Sounds like a burner indeed!

Glad you are feeling better @polskagirl01 and glad your heart rate is behaving @rheddmobile.

Hope you had a great birthday @AlphaHowls!

Congrats on 1900 miles ytd @SummerSkier!

Did you get to run @quilteryoyo?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 That's funny about the squirrel costume. Love the picture. The red ones are definitely prettier than the grey one's we have here.